Snow Storm 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok, Fellow Missouri please report on what is your status (Ok or not,etc)

We are safe and sound.

Thanks a bunch

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
Doing just fine here on the west side of Jefferson City, haven't had a chance to measure yet but I'd say at least 12". Wife made it out of the driveway just fine this morning on her way to work in our 4Runner. I haven't had the need to go anywhere today but I need to see if the Subaru will get out of the lower driveway, don't suspect I'll have a problem but it is a bit uphill. I will need to leave the house tomorrow.

Lost power twice for short periods this am, nothing more than a minute.

Wood stove is already going, have 2 deep cycle batteries charged and have a 100w solar panel, have a gas cooktop so we can make it pretty well without power if need be. Can also run the fridge in the camper on propane although won't be able to fit everything in there.

How much did you get?

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Staying inside where it's warm in Pulaski Co. Wasn't nearly as bad here as it is your way. Radio traffic not much more than normal except for the Troopers working I 44 accidents

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
Forgot to mention, I provide a feed for the local UP railroad here, was quite a mess with backups from trees being down on the lines, I just heard a report a few minutes ago about Amtrak hitting a tree.

Some crews were stuck on trains and they couldn't get relief crews out to where they were because of the roads. Heard the dispatcher say they were going to start the paperwork to allow the crews to work more than the 12 hours they normally are allowed due FRA rules, never heard that allowed before.

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
Top of the car after I cleaned off the Windows, we got another 2-3 inches last night, you can see my antenna sticking up through the snow.
46009963084_013198233e_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.