SDS100/SDS200: Large Battery Comparison Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
chill30240 Does the p25 kill the battery faster? I'm using the analog 800 system and I have the display on and scan still running since 110p.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
You know that's a good question. I set mine to scan with the back light on the keys off. I did have the display on. I'm going to try it again tomorrow using the same setting except I going to set the display to show during transmission only. The batteries in my 436 lasted longer than this does. When I get to work on Monday I will try the same with an analog system where I work.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Today only thing is on is the display. As of now its at 3.60v been running about 7 hours like that. System has been non stop. These are new batteries not even a week old.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I got my unit on Dec 12 and have used it every day since then. I mostly use mine on external power though and the battery is fully charged and ready to go. I never really gauged it until today. I was under the impression that the big battery lasted longer than that.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
A few weeks ago I bought 2 external chargers cause I don't like the side cover that covers the ports keeps coming undone.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
The rubber cover on my 436 wore out and I had to replace it back last June. I bought the unit in December of 2015. I'm thoroughly pleased with SDS100 though. I haven't had any of the problems that others have reported. My VHF and UHF work perfectly. Also LSM.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Where I'm in my place I get interference I thought after the hurricane the interference would go away still have that issue. Once awhile I'll pick up 20-250 plus miles if bands are open up.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
We had reservations at the Holiday Inn Resort when that thing hit. We cancelled and went to Gulf Shores instead. I know that Bay county is building a new 800 Mhz system. I only hope that they don't follow the path of encryption like Escambia, Santa Rosa, Oklaloosa & Walton Counties have done. I won't have anything to listen to when we come down. I spent June thru September in Orlando and Miami working and they are pretty much locked down.

teknishun

A few weeks ago I bought 2 external chargers cause I don't like the side cover that covers the ports keeps coming undone.
I always use an external charger when recharging batteries. I do not like to do it inside the unit "just in case" something should go
wrong and one of the batteries decides to explode or catch fire. An external charger is probably better anyway because its
prime purpose is to charge the battery only and not to run the radio at the same time. To each his own.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I always use an external charger when recharging batteries. I do not like to do it inside the unit "just in case" something should go
wrong and one of the batteries decides to explode or catch fire. An external charger is probably better anyway because its
prime purpose is to charge the battery only and not to run the radio at the same time. To each his own.

I agree with you on that. I've always like charging the batteries to the external chargers myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.