• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

newest firmware release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
just wondering if anyone knew when the newest fimrware coming down the pipes was set for?
particularly interested in the encryption mute option

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Is this the one that will enable DMR finally?

mitbr

I do not know..I do not work for Unication we will have to wait and see what features the update will have!
Tim:cool:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
What radio ID issues?

I have noticed it on at least 3 Phase I systems. I only monitor one Phase II and I haven't noticed the issues. Radio Id's are 7 numbers long around here and sometimes you will see 4 or so numbers when they should be 7.

Unication is aware of the issue.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Interesting, and your not confusing the TG with Radio ID.
If i have my device in monitor mode it will display TGID over the RID. Otherwise i have not seen the issue you are referring to.
One system i monitor is Phase 1 and several of the units get chatty and i have not noticed any RID issues with it.
I would suggest running trunker to see if it supports my theory. Im watching it now on a local system and most users are 7 digits long starting with a 7 but one RID (dispatch console) is showing 4 digits on trunker. That is also the same RID that the G4 shows. Actually two more 4 digit numbers just appeared and they look to be dispatch consoles for other departments on the system.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, and your not confusing the TG with Radio ID.
If i have my device in monitor mode it will display TGID over the RID. Otherwise i have not seen the issue you are referring to.
One system i monitor is Phase 1 and several of the units get chatty and i have not noticed any RID issues with it.
I would suggest running trunker to see if it supports my theory. Im watching it now on a local system and most users are 7 digits long starting with a 7 but one RID (dispatch console) is showing 4 digits on trunker. That is also the same RID that the G4 shows. Actually two more 4 digit numbers just appeared and they look to be dispatch consoles for other departments on the system.

No, there are some issues with certain Phase I systems. I run Unitrunker and have my BCD436HP running and it doesn't show the radio id issues that sometimes show up on my G4.

I have talked with Unication Rep's before and they are aware of the issue.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I hope it will fix the "Harris patched talkgroup" (65XXX series) to where it will record those transmissions like it does every other transmission...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Unication is aware of the radio ID issue. I’ve personally reported it. And it’s been seen on every P25 system from Phase I to II and both Motorola and Harris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I must be lucky or have systems with out issues.
Ive been watching my G4 units since i read about this and not seen any radio ID anomaly.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
I sure hope this new version will do QCII over P25 conventional. I have an entire county that would buy these if it had the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.