SDS200 Archived Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Saw somewhere on here someone had the measurement. I like to know the Width Height & Depth with the bracket. I have a home made shelve I made a week ago.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So is anyone testing the SDS200 in one of the known LSM strong holds like Phoenix or Philadelphia? I remember when the SDS100 came out and the reports from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have tested the 100 extensively in the Philadelphia area. Keep in mind location location location. Keep in mind inconsistencies between different units which someone else would have to explain.

I do have a professional subscriber radio to use as a control. The city of Philadelphia is not that bad with only a few problems. It's north of there in Bucks County where I live that we have so many missed Transmissions and the radio does not work well in a portable or mobile situation. All appropriate adjustments have been made as I am very familiar with the radio. I hear it's only in the lower part of the county but it's experienced everywhere on the system and a few blocks can make the difference. You might even find someone who says it works great for them. I thought it worked great at first until I put it next to a professional alternative. It's a populated area and there are a lot of listeners and a lot of users of the professional alternatives.

My particular SDS 100 receives everything else very well including nxnd and aircraft. Modulation is good and the display is awesome.

Yes SDS 200 is good looking and if there's any way it works better than the SDS 100 for police and Fire in the town where I live I would like to own one but certainly not one of the first ones off the line.

Please stop calling concerned consumers who are cautious about spending a lot of money haters. There may be a few actual venomous haters out there but not many, no more than the few true Bullies that are out there attempting to intimidate and suppress comment. We are talking very small numbers of people here.

As consumers spending huge amounts of money unit after unit we are lucky to have a venue like this to speak freely so we can learn more before spending our money.

ansky

Please stop calling concerned consumers who are cautious about spending a lot of money haters. There may be a few actual venomous haters out there but not many, no more than the few true Bullies that are out there attempting to intimidate and suppress comment. We are talking very small numbers of people here.

As consumers spending huge amounts of money unit after unit we are lucky to have a venue like this to speak freely so we can learn more before spending our money.

Very well said. There are a lot of arrogant users on here that are dismissive of anyone that mentions any type of problem. I'll never understand the brand loyalty.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Scanning is a hobby that is very dependent upon location and the results with vary system to system and even place to place on the same system. And the 200 will be no different. I have no doubt that some people have had stellar results out of the 100 but I also don't doubt that a few have had dismal results, likely because no scanner will do well on their particular system of choice or in their location. For others to act like those who mention an issue are lying or don't know how to use the product is shortsighted on their part and only makes them look bad. We have to be reasonable from both perspectives.

WeBeCinYa

It's not brand loyalty. It's "I've spent $700 and no one is going to tell me I made a bad choice or I made an unintelligent choice"... It's a matter of ego....and, if they have good results then everyone else must be lying.... Truly sad...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Very well said. There are a lot of arrogant users on here that are dismissive of anyone that mentions any type of problem. I'll never understand the brand loyalty.

Countdown until this is removed by mods...

The harassment of opinions on here is ridiculous and complete turn off. Does Lindsay Blanton read these threads and condone this?

Staying on track on the SDS200, did I miss it or does the GPS puck that fits the 200 require power like the 536? Sorry if I missed that...

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Countdown until this is removed by mods...

The harassment of opinions on here is ridiculous and complete turn off. Does Lindsay Blanton read these threads and condone this?

Staying on track on the SDS200, did I miss it or does the GPS puck that fits the 200 require power like the 536? Sorry if I missed that...

In Houk's video he shows the GPS puck and it looked like it only had the RJ11 (or whatever it is) jack on it. So...I don't know if that answers the question since there could be a special cable with a power injector but he didn't mention it.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I have the Uniden 436 + 536 which completely outperform the SDS 100 on all analog signals UHF VHF and 800... From same locations using the same antennas. There is no expectation. Simply a comparison of various products from multiple locations yielding the same results. Poor analog performance on all frequencies on the SDS 100.

WeBeCinYa

In Houk's video he shows the GPS puck and it looked like it only had the RJ11 (or whatever it is) jack on it. So...I don't know if that answers the question since there could be a special cable with a power injector but he didn't mention it.

I missed that, good point. I hope it does not require power, I am running out of power options in the truck!

Tramagod

Scanning is a hobby that is very dependent upon location and the results with vary system to system and even place to place on the same system. And the 200 will be no different. I have no doubt that some people have had stellar results out of the 100 but I also don't doubt that a few have had dismal results, likely because no scanner will do well on their particular system of choice or in their location. For others to act like those who mention an issue are lying or don't know how to use the product is shortsighted on their part and only makes them look bad. We have to be reasonable from both perspectives.

Very well said. I’ve said this many times myself. Scanning is not unlike prime real estate, location, location,location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ansky

I have the Uniden 436 + 536 which completely outperform the SDS 100 on all analog signals UHF VHF and 800... From same locations using the same antennas. There is no expectation. Simply a comparison of various products from multiple locations yielding the same results. Poor analog performance on all frequencies on the SDS 100.

The only videos I ever see posted (SDS100 and 200) are on simulcast systems. I would like someone to post a video of how the SDS200 sounds on a 400MHz analog system. I listen to NYPD and FDNY so I need excellent performance in this band.

markjrenna

The only videos I ever see posted (SDS100 and 200) are on simulcast systems. I would like someone to post a video of how the SDS200 sounds on a 400MHz analog system. I listen to NYPD and FDNY so I need excellent performance in this band.

I'm with you. I listen to so much more than just P25. I'd love to hear how the SDS200 does on analog conventional in comparison to my 536.

Status
Not open for further replies.