• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Got my first Radio: HT750

Status
Not open for further replies.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Pretty solid too!

Of course I would've liked to go "bigger."

But for my immediate area it actually covers alot.

16 ch 450-520. Very solid construction, and nice feel to it. The audio on this thing is crazy loud. And my favorite part, DOS mute....

Definitely out-performs scanners. And this is only analog. Way better range, and the audio is a lot clearer too.

Nick

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Great first radio. Very solid indeed. Had a few HT1250, HT1250LS, HT1550XLS units over the years and they were great.

ME801

They are a solid first radio, depending on what you use it for a good case is worth its weight in gold.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
HT750's have been around for quite a few years, and in my opinion have never gone out of style. Great inexpensive little radio packed with features & dependable usage. I own several HT1250's (the big-brother model to HT750) and love them all.

David

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Slippery slope bro. It starts with your 750. Next thing you've got a room full of Moto and trying to figure out how to justify an APX.

All kidding aside, good choice and yes FM analog sounds fantastic on a Moto.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
OMG you are SO right!! LOL You start off with lower, basic-model radio & before you know it you’ve got 10 Moto’s that you really don't need but have cuz they’re cool. LOL then you get your Ham license so you can actually start legally talking on them and find yourself constantly upgrading to bigger & better models LOL

David

N4KVE

OMG you are SO right!! LOL You start off with lower, basic-model radio & before you know it you’ve got 10 Moto’s that you really don't need but have cuz they’re cool. LOL then you get your Ham license so you can actually start legally talking on them and find yourself constantly upgrading to bigger & better models LOL

David
You are so right. It amazes me how many people on this forum buy a Moto radio, not having any idea what band it’s on, & then come here asking “what can I do with this radio”?

K2NEC

Slippery slope bro. It starts with your 750. Next thing you've got a room full of Moto and trying to figure out how to justify an APX..
That is the point that I am at. My first radio was a 4 channel CP150 that I still have and now I have an XPR7550e, an XTS5000, and am exactly contemplating how I am going to ever pay for an APX8000 :D

K2NEC

So here is the real question for you guys. That 750 is programmed for Wanaque FD (453.6625 DPL155) and for some reason it doesn't decode audio? The RX light flashes buy it doesn't have any audio? I don't think it's the radio and I know it is programmed properly.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Thanks K2NEC for the help.

And to clarify guys, repeater is the same as the PD channel which comes in loud and clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brndnstffrd

So here is the real question for you guys. That 750 is programmed for Wanaque FD (453.6625 DPL155) and for some reason it doesn't decode audio? The RX light flashes buy it doesn't have any audio? I don't think it's the radio and I know it is programmed properly.
Have you tried holding the monitor key to see if the tone was programmed incorrectly?
If you hear something when you hold monitor then the tone is wrong.

K2NEC

Have you tried holding the monitor key to see if the tone was programmed incorrectly?
If you hear something when you hold monitor then the tone is wrong.
Tone is not wrong. Just confirmed in the software and the same parameters work on my HT1250. Not a programming error I am 100% sure.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Tone is not wrong. Just confirmed in the software and the same parameters work on my HT1250. Not a programming error I am 100% sure.

Yeah I’m confused. Is it possible it’s a dud channel?

NParkNJ

On the Road
Same power, same repeater, same exact transmit location.

Does it matter it’s a fire/EMS tone out frequency?

K2NEC

Same power, same repeater, same exact transmit location.

Does it matter it’s a fire/EMS tone out frequency?
Negative. Like I said my HT1250 has the same parameters and works just fine. And your radio was getting some signal right?

NParkNJ

On the Road
Negative. Like I said my HT1250 has the same parameters and works just fine. And your radio was getting some signal right?

A-firm.

The receive LED was red, IMO indicating it was receiving something, but no audio came out.

Every other channel is fine....loud and clear.

The only possibility would be closer to the signal....BUT my scanner with a stubby picked up the channel loud and clear. SO.....

RepomanGP

Premium Subscriber
A-firm.
The receive LED was red, IMO indicating it was receiving something, but no audio came out.

Sounds to me like you have a PL or DPL tone programmed on the receive frequency. The squelch won't open unless the signal you're receiving is transmitting that PL/DPL tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.