BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Slot Number for 996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

I am trying to program my 996P2 for a few different DMR channels. The problem I am having is that I cannot program the slot number, and I am also picking up a neighboring counties conventional traffic on the same channel. I have ARC & ProScan at my disposal to program. Any help would be appreciated.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You don't need to program the slots, but you do need to program the frequencies correctly otherwise the scanner is going to pick up anything that comes across those frequencies.

I'm going to assume that you've currently got them programmed as conventional channels with the Audio Type set to ALL? That would certainly explain hearing neighboring conventional activity on the same frequencies, assuming those are analog transmissions.

The easiest thing you can do is to change the Audio Type to DIGITAL ONLY, then set the DMR Color Code to 8 or 1, depending on which of those three frequencies you're programming. This will block out any co-channel analog and/or P25 transmissions, and will only open up for the correct DMR color code on those frequencies. Note that programming them this way will not show the TG or User ID, but if all you want to do is listen to everything on all four frequencies, then you're fine like this.

I'll mention a different method in a separate post.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The second method is a bit more involved, but will allow you to see and control the TG ID's, as well as see User ID's.

This method involves programming a new One Frequency Trunk (OFT) system for DMR. You set it up more or less like you'd setup a trunked system, however the frequencies are actually conventional DMR. Contrary to it being called One Frequency Trunk, you can actually add more than one frequency to the system. In this case, you could add all three of their frequencies and have it scan them almost like a trunked system without a control channel, where it will simply look at all three frequencies and stop on any DMR activity.

You can program talkgroups with that method, allowing you to give them aliases and/or lock talkgroups out. So for example if you only want to listen to Fire Operations, you can program and then lock out TG 14350000 so that the scanner won't stop on PD Dispatch activity on 154.785

Status
Not open for further replies.