• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mintor 6 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
My minitor 6 stores calls sometimes but not all the time. If the pager sits for a while after alerting without being touched, it will play the last call. But if its picked up within a minute or 2 after alerting and I try to play the last call it wont, and it will skip and play older calls. Any suggestions?

DJ11DLN

Don't know about the VI's but on the V's if you messed with it before the record wait time ran out it would cancel because the assumption is that you heard the call and didn't need playback. Maybe program a shorter wait time?

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I was just gonna say the same thing, it seems to be a timing issue. Most likely as DJ11DLN stated above regarding to resetting the button before the recording time runs out first. I have the same issue with my Unication pager I have to let the recording time run out first before replaying it or resetting the button.

David

DJ11DLN

Upon reflection I'll add that shortening the wait time can create problems if your Dispatch doesn't always put the info out promptly after dropping tones. We've had that problem where the Dispatcher gets distracted by LE traffic or a 911 call (that's the polite presumption anyway) and doesn't pass along anything after dropping the tones until the wait time has expired. And then doesn't re-tone first. And gets disgusted with us for asking that the address be repeated, especially on those middle-of-the-night calls. So while programming a shorter wait time might help your immediate issue, you might want to consider just waiting until you get the alert reminder before hitting playback.

Status
Not open for further replies.