Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltcraw

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro106 that picks up le traffic in my area, Del Rio, TX, 78840. The 106 was programmed by re employee several years ago. I purchased a uniden home patrol 2 and cannot get it to receive this traffic. Is there any way I can look at the 106 programming in order to get up 2 to receive? Not that familiar with programming these scanners so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Swipesy

You could download a free 30 day trial version of WIN500 or PSREdit and download the Pro106 to the software on a PC. You could then see what Talkgroups and or conventional frequencies are programmed into the 106. Then you can program same into Uniden with whatever method you chose.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I have a pro106 that picks up le traffic in my area, Del Rio, TX, 78840. The 106 was programmed by re employee several years ago. I purchased a uniden home patrol 2 and cannot get it to receive this traffic. Is there any way I can look at the 106 programming in order to get up 2 to receive? Not that familiar with programming these scanners so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I say this alot but check and make sure all the service types you want to listen to are selected in the HP2.

Saltcraw

Premium Subscriber
I have double checked all service types with no luck. The free listed in re do not work either.

Saltcraw

Premium Subscriber
You could download a free 30 day trial version of WIN500 or PSREdit and download the Pro106 to the software on a PC. You could then see what Talkgroups and or conventional frequencies are programmed into the 106. Then you can program same into Uniden with whatever method you chose.
Thank you very much, will give it a try. Can I download and save the pro 106 data to my computer? Would like to make sure I don't lose this data? Thank you

mule1075

Feed Provider
How does this even apply to a RS scanner???

Larry
Read the original post and you will understand how it applies by the question the OP asked.He asked if he could look in the 106 programming to get his hp2 to work on the same system.W2XQ simply brought up why he did not use the database to program the hp2. So it does apply to the thread.

N8IAA

Thank you very much, will give it a try. Can I download and save the pro 106 data to my computer? Would like to make sure I don't lose this data? Thank you

Absolutely Yes! I have multiple configurations for my 106 and 197. Just remember to save the programming. Otherwise, it just goes away.
Larry

Swipesy

Yes you can save. You load the software to a PC. Plug the Radio into the PC and with the software select "Download from Scanner to PC". Once it downloads, save, as Larry stated, it to your computer. If you wish you can save each change you make on the PC to your scanner config to a different name so that you can pick and chose what you want to load back to the Scanner.

Saltcraw

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can save. You load the software to a PC. Plug the Radio into the PC and with the software select "Download from Scanner to PC". Once it downloads, save, as Larry stated, it to your computer. If you wish you can save each change you make on the PC to your scanner config to a different name so that you can pick and chose what you want to load back to the Scanner.
Thank you very much. Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.