Whistler software in Ubuntu/Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
I apologize if I have my query in the wrong forum, I have no real idea where the correct forum should be.
I am currently running Whistler software for the 1098 scanner in Ubuntu 18.4. It almost all works correctly.
I ran into the same problem others have; the software can't find the 'drive' (scanner). My goal here is to have
another computer that can program these scanners if my win 10 'puter goes down. I HATE manually pro-
gramming these units (4), life is to busy and to darn sort for that. Can someone with knowledge on how to
fix this, point me in the right direction?

95% Linux/5% Windows

Adri :love:

PS - Again, apologies if I'm in the wrong forum! :unsure:

64larry

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried downloading the software applications from Whistler? I've done this with mine on three computers, and have no problems so far.

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried downloading the software applications from Whistler? I've done this with mine on three computers, and have no problems so far.
Hi Larry! thanks for responding. The software was downloaded straight from Whistler two hours before I posted my query here. Before downloading the software I did an update on Ubuntu 18.4 to be sure it was up to date. - Frustrating!! :censored:

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Hi Larry! thanks for responding. The software was downloaded straight from Whistler two hours before I posted my query here. Before downloading the software I did an update on Ubuntu 18.4 to be sure it was up to date. - Frustrating!! :censored:
After Thought - I am trying to run the software in Q4Wine. If your software operates correctly, I assume Wine?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
2 drivers needed, a generic "drive" driver for transferring the configuration to and from the Scanner or the sdcard via ezscan. Then there is the COMPORT driver used to set the clock, update dsp and cpu firmware, and remote control of the scanner.

The fastest way to transfer the configuration is to use a Card reader. it is about 10x faster then using the USB cable.I would on getting that method to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.