SDS200 Archived Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If they were in the country today, we'd be selling them today. I have read some conspiracy theorists say (about both us and W) that we are sitting on a stockpile of some new or old scanner, waiting for some mythical trigger point. Believe me, the right time to sell almost always starts as soon as they get here. No one is going to intentionally tie up inventory dollars (and delay sales revenue dollars) without a very good reason.

Last edited:

SlyFerret

This is the "Kermit It's not easy being green" SDS200 screen configuration.....
Aqy3swp.jpg

Marshall KE4ZNR

Awesome!!

It could only be more beautiful if it had a monospace font!

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mkt853

Awesome!!

It could only be more beautiful if it had a monospace font!

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It looks monospaced. It's just some letters are taller than others, but it appears each letter takes up the same width whether it's the letter W or letter i.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
You made a vague guess that left open wide possibilities and many chances to be right...many of us could have said (and likely thought) the same.
I am not sure what you thought was vague about it? At the time, Whistler had just announced the new scanners without so much as a rendering of a new unit (which we still don't have to this day). Maybe I was stating the obvious?

Doesn't make it any less true.

I think Uniden was racing to get the sds200 done and ready to ship in case Whistler met their time frame which, as we all know, got pushed back. Now they have a bit of breathing room with the FCC approval done, announcement made, and production started.

The SDS100 was a very different animal as far as the sequence those same things happened.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The kerning is definitely a bit off on the display. Tsk, tsk.

I also noticed while playing with the display settings in Sentinel that there are two different monochrome video settings. White on black, and black on white.

It looks monospaced. It's just some letters are taller than others, but it appears each letter takes up the same width whether it's the letter W or letter i.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The kerning is definitely a bit off on the display. Tsk, tsk.

I also noticed while playing with the display settings in Sentinel that there are two different monochrome video settings. White on black, and black on white.
It is a beta unit and not a final production unit so final production units will obviously be a more finished product. But by all means look for any little perceived flaw in this beta unit. It also does not have the glossy casing that a production unit does. It also does not have an FCC type acceptance tag on it... Do you want to add those to your list as well?
God Almighty people just wait for the final production units before offering pedantic criticisms.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

allend

Premium Subscriber
Late January is only two weeks from now. The first run has to be off the assembly line by now. If they were still in production then we will be waiting another two months min.

Tramagod

It is a beta unit and not a final production unit so final production units will obviously be a more finished product. But by all means look for any little perceived flaw in this beta unit. It also does not have the glossy casing that a production unit does. It also does not have an FCC type acceptance tag on it... Do you want to add those to your list as well?
God Almighty people just wait for the final production units before offering pedantic criticisms.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The criticisms will never stop, especially by those who have no means or intentions of buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.