Seeking some help in Bloomfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

myimpala1

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for someone to help me set up my uniden bcd436hp. I can meet up with you or you can meet me at my firehouse. I am pulling out what little hair i have left. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Located in Bloomfield.

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
With the 436HP you should just be able to download Sentinel software, update the datebase, and then program in the updated Bloomfield Data for NJICS. Then hold on NJICS, then, Essex County, Then Bloomfield Fire. Press the Func key and then hold and scroll through the transmitter sites until you get to West Orange Simulcast and hold on that. You should be good to go then.

myimpala1

Premium Subscriber
With the 436HP you should just be able to download Sentinel software, update the datebase, and then program in the updated Bloomfield Data for NJICS. Then hold on NJICS, then, Essex County, Then Bloomfield Fire. Press the Func key and then hold and scroll through the transmitter sites until you get to West Orange Simulcast and hold on that. You should be good to go then.
great thanks i will try that and report back

markjrenna

Video and Audio of Bloomfield on my Unication G4
I had a 436HP. I live not far from Bloomfield and have terrible LSM issues so my 436 wouldn't work. If your 436 doesn't do it for you than you might want to consider an SDS100 or a Unication G4 or G5. Of course you would need to spend more money which is probably not what you want to do. The static sounds in the background is SPEN on my other scanner.

myimpala1

Premium Subscriber
I have thought about the unication but i like the fact that i can take a scanner while traveling and not be locked into just bloomfield. Also the unification is not user programmable correct?

markjrenna

Unications are not wideband scanners but you should look at the G5 to see if the frequencies you would want are covered by it. And yes they have software that you use to program it. The software is called PPS and included with the purchase via a download. It's a manual process to load the frequencies, names, ID's, etc. I have heard they are testing a method similar to how Sentinel works for the Uniden's but may require a subscription to the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.