SDS200 Archived Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

Just got my email my SDS200 GPS unit shipped and will arrive by the weekend got my 90 Degree network cables arriving this week and all I have to do is wait on the slow boat to arrive but that is ok with me.

Humm no email here yet and u ordered yours just after I did [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake68111

Dumb question or maybe a dumb person asking questions but...…..
Are the screens of the 100 and 200 susceptible to any kind of "screen burn in?"
I have my 100 so that the screen is on during open squelch only but say I were to leave it on or never change the colors?!?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity, who did you order from?

Just got my email my SDS200 GPS unit shipped and will arrive by the weekend got my 90 Degree network cables arriving this week and all I have to do is wait on the slow boat to arrive but that is ok with me.

garys

Premium Subscriber
True to his word, they got them in, they shopped them out. I ordered mine from The Ham Station, so hopefully they'll get theirs in a few days.

Then we can have a new thread with commentary from the early buyers and complaints about how bad the scanners are from people who didn't buy one. /sarc We need an eyeroll icon.

Uniden.com they sold out fast UPMan said more on the way.

allend

Premium Subscriber
How come the GPS doesn't come included with the scanner? It's comes bundled with the Uniden 885 CB/Scanner Radio which is under $400 and SDS200 user will have to pay $50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure the GPS puck never was included with any of the Uniden scanners. Pretty sure its not a feature that everybody is going to use or want and most likely it was to keep the total cost of the radio as reasonable as it could be. Its just like the DMR and NXDN. This go around I am not going to buy the DMR ugprade. Just the NXDN for my area.

I am still wondering why the radio has the LAN port was positioned in the front of the radio. I am thinking it might of had to be put in the front because of the design of the circuitry of the wiring and the motherboard of the radio. Connection and so forth. etc. Sure maybe Uniden can answer that question. Maybe they could not put he GPS connector and the LAN port on the back due to the design of the guts of the radio.

wise871

Database Admin
Since the SDS200 now powers the GPS receiver, are those who wired up there vehicles with either the Uniden or Garmin GPS antennas out of luck even with some type of RJ11 adapter? I know I have my wire behind the dash and down to the center console. It would take me some time to pull the old wiring and run the new if I decided to get a SDS200 for my vehicle.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Since the SDS200 now powers the GPS receiver, are those who wired up there vehicles with either the Uniden or Garmin GPS antennas out of luck even with some type of RJ11 adapter? I know I have my wire behind the dash and down to the center console. It would take me some time to pull the old wiring and run the new if I decided to get a SDS200 for my vehicle.
If someone wants to send me their/a unit I will test it out and see if it's possible to make an adapter to do it. It is probably less than 12V out (likely 5 or 3.3) and TTL serial. An RS-232 level converter and the right socket would be an easy adapter to make.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Which is NOT a stand-alone scanner with all the capabilities of the X36 series, the SDS100, and upcoming SDS200. It’s not included, it never will be, STOP BEATING THIS HORSE.

If you ever owned horses, I sure there was one you wanted to beat even though it was dead. /s

Status
Not open for further replies.