TRX-100 TRX-200 prototype images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

From the website....

"National Communications Magazine
Whistler was at CES2019 in Las Vegas this past week, and National Communications Magazine stopped by their booth to get an update on their long-awaited TRX-100 and TRX-200 scanners. They originally were scheduled to be released at the end of 2018, however, Whistler delayed the scanners' release for several reasons. The word from Whistler is they hope to have a timeline for these radios' release within the next month. So stay tuned here and we'll keep you posted when the TRX-100 and TRX-200 will be available!"

“Hope to”. I’m not hanging my hat on that statement. We’ll see. Thanks for the link by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I hope they come out with a couple of great scanners and I might even pick a couple up when released.
The hobby benefits from competition and having more than one manufacturer so I hope we never end up with just Uniden or just Whistler.
Here is to the TRX-100 & TRX-200 being great scanners!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Ubbe

National communications magazine had nothing to report that we didn't already knew from this thread. I'm sure that Wendy will post her latest news on RR first and we don't need repetetive info from other sources. Either we get new scanner in Q2 or if the final touch requires more time they will be released after mid summer. I can wait a little longer for a better display and a more sensible keypad and not re-using old hardware.

/Ubbe

ansky

At this point what difference does it make if they release an updated release schedule. They already changed it twice, so why would another one hold any more merit. Just more smoke and another mirror.

wbswetnam

Twelve to eighteen months ago, folks were giving hell to Uniden for 'dropping the ball' and not offering an NXDN upgrade for the 436/536 series, while Whistler had it included with the TRX-1 & TRX-2. Uniden was silent on the issue as lots of accusations flew about their "ignoring their customers' requests" and how "Uniden has become irrelevant". Then last March came not only NXDN but the SDS100. Now (almost) everyone is singing Uniden's praises and saying that Whistler is down for the count. Let's all chill and give Whistler a chance, shall we?

allend

Premium Subscriber
Whistler has had a long enough break. This company has not even come forward and make any announcements to calm the seas. So far shame on them. They have had enough time. No blue prints or nothing. But as everybody knows the early bird will get the worms and the money will go to Uniden for their bottom line. Then if Whistler comes out with something then they will pickup the leftovers. But the longer they wait and Uniden gets these shipping containers flowing then the market will dry up since all of the money will be spent.

To compete in this world economy you always have to be ready to go and have your ducks lined up with your competitor and its only one competitor. Uniden.

sopranosno1

I guess I missed it or just overlooked it. I opened the link and perused the magazine and saw nothing specific to the trx-100 trx-200 scanners.

Just scroll down to you see the pic with a man and whistler wendy on the left side of screen. Real easy to find.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
From the website....

"National Communications Magazine
Whistler was at CES2019 in Las Vegas this past week, and National Communications Magazine stopped by their booth to get an update on their long-awaited TRX-100 and TRX-200 scanners. They originally were scheduled to be released at the end of 2018, however, Whistler delayed the scanners' release for several reasons. The word from Whistler is they hope to have a timeline for these radios' release within the next month. So stay tuned here and we'll keep you posted when the TRX-100 and TRX-200 will be available!"

So, they are expected to look the same? I guess they will drop the ball if that is the case. At least to me.

Attachments

• trx.jpg
    trx.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 79

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
One thing I learned being in the private industry, it's not about being first, it's about execution. Do what you do, with the right execution, and you'll have your market regardless of noise and fray. Especially with the market seen here on the forums. We are a pretty finicky bunch aren't we? Those of us with money to drop will buy the "first" sure. Plenty of us will be leery and wait to hear from those who bought the first. More will wait till a second option comes around and weigh the compromises between the two. You know every one of us will measure these things down to the gram and the right execution will win many of us over. From the business perspective, if you're too worried about what your competitors are doing, you'll trip not looking at your own two feet.

Now, to jump into the fray, the other company released what appears to be a pretty good radio. An example of our (my) finickiness, I feel the execution was not geared to mobile users at all, with the larger-than-DIN size with (so far) no remote head. That will be either impossible, or ugly in any sedan or SUV. Trucks will be hit or miss, depending on space and/or radio consoles. And the basic failure at understanding plugs that don't need repetitive inserts needs to go to the back. Ethernet and USB-A port should have been in the back, freeing up room in the front for your fingers to actually move around. However I won't care about that if the RF execution is right, and this gets crammed under a car seat with an awesome remote head. If Whistler executes correctly, it won't matter who's first.

CaptMike2

Stopped by the Whistler booth at Consumer Electronics Show to day & had a nice talk with Wendy plus Product Development Engineer Mike Batten.

The NEW scanner product was on display, however they asked me not to publicize it. When I told Wendy I wanted to take a photo to post here, this is the result.

I'm sworn to secrecy regarding the current features & specs & it is still under development, hopefully released or at least full details available "2Q19," ideally Dayton Hamvention. But... WOW!!! Whistler respects their customers, and thus has patience to test & refine products before they're sold to the public instead of rushing buggy/faulty products to market.

profile_mask2.png

Whistler Group <support@whistler-group.reamaze.com>
11:28 AM (1 hour ago)

to me

We're really sorry someone posted this false information. We did not show any new scanner product at the show. We are still in development on the TRX-100 and 200, but unfortunately do not yet have a delivery date. We appreciate your interest and hope that you'll continue to consider Whistler as an option for your scanner needs.
Thank you,
Leslie

prcguy

The early bird gets some worms early on but in the end who will have the best scanner with the best features and performance? If its Whistler then they will take the market except for a few die hards that are only brand driven and don't know any better.

Whistler has the luxury of seeing what Uniden has done and where they have fallen short. If they are smart they will make good use of this knowledge and provide something that is irresistible and delicious. And maybe at a lower cost than Uniden.

Whistler has had a long enough break. This company has not even come forward and make any announcements to calm the seas. So far shame on them. They have had enough time. No blue prints or nothing. But as everybody knows the early bird will get the worms and the money will go to Uniden for their bottom line. Then if Whistler comes out with something then they will pickup the leftovers. But the longer they wait and Uniden gets these shipping containers flowing then the market will dry up since all of the money will be spent.

To compete in this world economy you always have to be ready to go and have your ducks lined up with your competitor and its only one competitor. Uniden.

Tramagod

The early bird gets some worms early on but in the end who will have the best scanner with the best features and performance? If its Whistler then they will take the market except for a few die hards that are only brand driven and don't know any better.

Whistler has the luxury of seeing what Uniden has done and where they have fallen short. If they are smart they will make good use of this knowledge and provide something that is irresistible and delicious. And maybe at a lower cost than Uniden.

If they were smart they would have already had something to at least show the public. They can’t be competitive in the market by waiting for the competition to deliver then try to copy their technology. Brand loyalty comes from good products that meets today’s standards and needs.

ansky

The biggest issue here is how much time has elapsed. It has been almost a year since the SDS100 was first introduced and over 6 months since it has been on the market for sale. Anyone that really needs an LSM-capable scanner is not going to wait around a year or more to see what new product may or may not come to the market from Whistler.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Brand loyalty comes from good products that meets today’s standards and needs.
Good point, but one person's standards and needs may not be the same as another. Additionally, when on the cutting edge one tends to bleed versus waiting. I have bled enough over the years riding the cutting edge of technology. I have learned...I am learning to have patience and that has resulted in quality purchases that closely meet my want.

Additionally, I have read quite a bit of repetitive diatribe in this thread and it works to help me add people to my ignore list. Filtering lowers the noise floor on forums too.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Whatever they (Whistler) do, however long it takes, there are those of us who will buy their new scanner(s) the day it is released without hesitation. I hesitated at first when the SDS100 was released, and I am now sorry that I did, as this has quickly become the finest portable scanner I have ever owned, fat batt or not. I own several different makes and models of scanner radios, so I am not particularly 'brand loyal', I am more loyal to product quality and performance. Keep in mind this is only my perspective and based on how my equipment performs for me. This is not 'my SDS100 is better than yours', or 'I like Uniden better than Whistler', it is all about my perspective in this hobby - what I like and what works for me. Like the good book title says - 'Your Blues Ain't Like Mine'...So, I shop accordingly. ;)

JD
kf4anc

prcguy

How long did the SDS100 take from idea to market? I'm sure there are a lot of people that wish Uniden would have taken just a little bit longer to iron out some details before rushing to release it. Personally I don't care if Whistler ever comes up with a new model, but if they do I hope it hits the ball out of the park.

Even if a new Whistler is the best scanner ever made there will always be some that will trash talk it because they think Uniden is the only game in town, which its not by a long shot.

The biggest issue here is how much time has elapsed. It has been almost a year since the SDS100 was first introduced and over 6 months since it has been on the market for sale. Anyone that really needs an LSM-capable scanner is not going to wait around a year or more to see what new product may or may not come to the market from Whistler.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Whistler went back to their cave and said oh S$$$. What are we going to do boss.

Crap we need to hit up India for some high end developers and get them over here on an H1 Visa and get this radio design done and I mean quickly. We are getting a lynching here and need to get our ducks lined up with some wireless technology or some bluetooth design and get this LSM stuff together and I mean get it done yesterday. If we can't get the wireless stuff figured out make sure we put the LAN port on the back and get a colored screen and give the boys here what they really want.

I think everybody agrees right???

Status
Not open for further replies.