OPP 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisz24

Is there any portable scanners out there that will pick up the new O.P.P frequencies as of 2019??

For Kawartha Lakes, Lindsay

ATCTech

Yes, absolutely. And, if I was a betting man, not a chance.

There's no doubt that whatever platform and frequency range "Fleetnet 2.0" rides on already exists in some high-end scanners, maybe 770MHz spectrum and P25 phase 1 or phase 2 formats for example, so that's easy. However there's little doubt that a major portion if not approaching 100% of the users will be operating with encryption so no, there's not a chance any commercially available scanner can decrypt the audio. Wait and see what transpires like the rest of us.

Quick edit: Of course there's no way to confirm just yet if the local area Beat Repeaters will continue to function, but that's hardly wide-area coverage.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

There's no doubt that whatever platform and frequency range "Fleetnet 2.0" rides on already exists in some high-end scanners, maybe 770MHz spectrum and P25 phase 1 or phase 2 formats for example, so that's easy. However there's little doubt that a major portion if not approaching 100% of the users will be operating with encryption so no, there's not a chance any commercially available scanner can decrypt the audio. Wait and see what transpires like the rest of us.

Quick edit: Of course there's no way to confirm just yet if the local area Beat Repeaters will continue to function, but that's hardly wide-area coverage.

I don’t have any sort of insight, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that the OPP will be 100% AES256 encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Can more then likely say bye bye to hearing EMS also.. Once they go digital their comms will be encrypted also

Alberta Health went 100% encrypted, although they have a few unencrypted Mutual Aid talk groups to talk to fire/STARS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATCTech

Yes Dave, that was added to the TAFL in the fall of 2017. I've been quietly watching to see if anyone here would pick up on it. FWIW, 143.925 was active 24/7 for a number of months from the 6th line site (I can see the tower from where I sit) with a P25 data stream but has been off-air since the late spring. There were other frequencies listed - 3 pairs to be exact - that were removed from the TAFL almost immediately. I have them here and they've remained silent any time I've checked. They are not conventional VHF high band frequencies.

Last edited:

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber

It's hard to say at this point. We are still a long ways away from finding any control channel activity. However most of the dispatch consoles have switched over from analog to digital.

Im hoping it's not ECOMM 2.0 like in BC.? Maybe it will be like the system in Alberta. Or perhaps each zone will be different.

I'm holding my breath but not sure if u can hold it for much longer.

If it helps, I attended the site over a year ago. It was transmitting a P25 test pattern.
Is it still online?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.