• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 with DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9pwb

I just purchased a new G5 pager from Rays pager Sales. I was not expecting it to be different than the one I had last year, however it seems the one I got does in fact support DMR. I have programmed DMR vhf into it and it receives fine. The key if you look at the pps software is the model number. The version that supports DMR is G5B67BF-SXVXEN1400UNI this is a 700/800 MHz plus VHF pager.

I setup my anyone 868 handheld DMR radio for 146.550 Slot 1Color code 1 and add a DMR profile and DMR talk group of 1 on the radio and in the pps software and the G5 receives it crystal clear.

Just FYI for all

Mark
N9PSB

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
My guess is they're selling the new Pagers with the latest firmware of course. Because those of us who bought already and had to PAY to get Phase II support will see this sign "This unit does not support DMR" You'll see the PPS set up with that MODEL number, but trying to upload it will get the stop-sign. What Firmware is showing on your pager when looking at INFORMATION in the scroll menu?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Anyone have the proper model number for a UHF-H 7/800 split G5 with the DMR option ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a new G5 pager from Rays pager Sales. I was not expecting it to be different than the one I had last year, however it seems the one I got does in fact support DMR. I have programmed DMR vhf into it and it receives fine. The key if you look at the pps software is the model number. The version that supports DMR is G5B67BF-SXVXEN1400UNI this is a 700/800 MHz plus VHF pager.

I setup my anyone 868 handheld DMR radio for 146.550 Slot 1Color code 1 and add a DMR profile and DMR talk group of 1 on the radio and in the pps software and the G5 receives it crystal clear.

Just FYI for all

Mark
N9PSB

My new G5 had DMR enabled as well but my model number has 1401 at the end when I read the unit. PPS then shows 1400 so I suspect that an update to the model number list
1f8fce2ace9bb7e18ef3cbba0d6f39f0.jpg
is in the works.

kc9pwb

I didn't know that Unication released the DMR firmware? Is it free ?
To the best of my knowledge it is in the current version of firmware and pps. I do not believe they have officially released it.

My guess is they're selling the new Pagers with the latest firmware of course. Because those of us who bought already and had to PAY to get Phase II support will see this sign "This unit does not support DMR" You'll see the PPS set up with that MODEL number, but trying to upload it will get the stop-sign. What Firmware is showing on your pager when looking at INFORMATION in the scroll menu?

The firmware version is V1.10. Also if you select the model number I had in the original post you will see the DMR option. Of course it will only work in the pager that is that same model number. You import P25 stuff from one model to another, but not the DMR stuff.

Anyone have the proper model number for a UHF-H 7/800 split G5 with the DMR option ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the drop down list in the PPS the model number must start with G567BF-SXU for the UHF models. These are the radios that should support DMR.

My new G5 had DMR enabled as well but my model number has 1401 at the end when I read the unit. PPS then shows 1400 so I suspect that an update to the model number list
is in the works.

From the model number list in PPS the 1401 models do not support DMR. I need to get my programming cable and double check my model number, but I am sure it is 1400, not 1401.

For every one, just a note. I purchased my G5 from Rays Pager Sales, this was the third one I purchased from Rays and all have come with the Phase II upgrade at no additional cost. I have seen other sellers do charge for the upgrade. Just FYI.

is in the works.

I stand corrected. My model number is G5BF67-SXvXEN1401UNI-0002-180625. I did read from the pager first when I got it, then setup my programming.

Mark

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have model number G5B67BF-SXVXEN1401UNI-0002-180625.

I loaded a G5B67BF-SXVXEN1400UNI PPS profile with both 800MHz and VHF DMR systems and the pager did not receive voice traffic.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Makes sense it didnt work, model number mis match. I can see unication adding checks and balances in their software to prevent users from buying a lower end model and loading higher end model into the pager.

KN4C

What is the newest model number of the G5 VHF that you can buy now?

Last edited:

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
I believe that the latest model number is G5B67BF-SXVXEN1401UNI-0002-180625. That’s the model number of the unit that I received earlier this month and it decodes DMR voice. My firmware is V1.10 and I’m using PPS V0.3.12.6. According to the drop down list in PPS, G5B67BF models support DMR. There are 4 such models in the list.

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Now, I bought both a VHF and UHF G5 from Ray's last year. I understood they would eventually support DMR. If this is not the case, then I'm pretty pissed about that.

Just something to ponder, if a radio/scanner/receiver will decode "Phase 2" traffic, then it should be capable of supporting DMR, because they are basically the same thing.

Hopefully this is in the works, and firmware will be released soon to enable my G5's to receive DMR.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
It will support DMR. It is being tested right now. You can upgrade older radios.

Thank you. I wouldn't have thought that Ray would have misrepresented anything. I am completely satisfied with mine, and the excellent service I received from them, and this will just make them more enjoyable!

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected. My model number is G5BF67-SXvXEN1401UNI-0002-180625. I did read from the pager first when I got it, then setup my programming.

For clarification, is your model number G5BF67 or G5B67BF?

That is the only difference I see between your radio and the one I got from Ray's a few weeks ago. My radio doesn't seem to be decoding DMR for some reason. The PPS is allowing me to setup DMR and the profile loads into the radio but I can not hear DMR voice traffic on the radio.

I have several other scanners and commercial radios that are receiving DMR with no issues.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
You might look at the version of firmware in both pagers.

I have version 1.10. I am also using the same PPS version.

I am going to play with different programming setups today and see what happens.

The only other thing it could be is both the 800 (CON+) and VHF (CAP+) systems I am trying to monitor are trunking systems. I obviously have them programmed as conventional but it could be possible the pager is smart enough to detect that they are frequencies in a trunked system and that could be my issue.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
We also dont know if RAS being enabled on the system could affect how the pager decodes the DMR signals. Not saying RAS is enabled just throwing more info out there.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Well I figured it out. I didn't have repeater mode enabled. After clicking the check box DMR is now working.

I am not getting traffic in normal scan mode yet but still playing with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.