• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Professional grade radios with voice announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

What professional commercial handheld radio do custom voice announcement when you change through channels besides the xts2500/5000 series and the apx series?

Non-Motorola radios welcomed as well.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Motorola's XPR line has it (may only be available in the XPR5500 and XPR7500 series).

On the far end of the spectrum, Maxon's TS-2000 line has it (which is a 2W sub $100 portable).

domes

Motorola has another first ???? First for them maybe.
Kenwood has added it to all their new models and upgraded models since about 2010 so it now is in all its product line from their warehouse grade radios on up. Some models have voice mailbox capability as well.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Kenwood NX-3000 line.

Generic zone/channel number announcements have been available for a long time on the Kenwood radios with the addition of the VGS-1 voice storage model. As Domes said, they can operate like a voice mail box.
Nothing new, many brands/models have this. Was a big deal 10 years ago, no so much anymore.

Personally, I found it annoying and shut it off after playing with it for a while.

Danny37

Kenwood NX-3000 line.

Generic zone/channel number announcements have been available for a long time on the Kenwood radios with the addition of the VGS-1 voice storage model. As Domes said, they can operate like a voice mail box.
Nothing new, many brands/models have this. Was a big deal 10 years ago, no so much anymore.

Personally, I found it annoying and shut it off after playing with it for a while.

I find it very useful, especially when you don't need to have radio facing you to know what channel you're on. I picked up a vertex vx-451 radio recently that does voice channel announcement. I can wait to recieve it and use it as my daily carry/work radio. It's inexpensive, durable, waterproof and I'll feel less guilty ruining that then my xts5000 radio.

Last week my xts5000 got some water on it from the rain and I died a little inside.

domes

Last week my xts5000 got some water on it from the rain and I died a little inside.

Then you are buying the wrong radios. The latest Kenwood models are IP67 Immersion Proof. Even the new P500 entry level/warehouse radio ($250/300) is Immersion proof. Knowing KW, I doubt you will see any new products that will not be Immersion proof.

Danny37

Then you are buying the wrong radios. The latest Kenwood models are IP67 Immersion Proof. Even the new P500 entry level/warehouse radio ($250/300) is Immersion proof. Knowing KW, I doubt you will see any new products that will not be Immersion proof.

The radio is fine but it's my baby and I love it so much that if anything were to happen to it, I don't know what I would do. It's mostly for hobby use.

The vertex I picked up is immersion proof as well, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.