Question about jammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-7ashe

Hello. I have a question about jammers. Based on this picture I made quickly, from what I've read online, Transmitter 2 will definitely be blocked with interference by the jammer since it's in its range. My question is, does the jammer also block Transmitter 1 and Receiver 2? Assume that the connection between the two receivers/transmitters are continuous. Thanks a lot!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If those are simplex radios, then the ability for TX2 to transmit to TX1 will not be affected at all. The ability for TX2 to receive from any other radio would be affected.

pastian

Premium Subscriber
If the 2 receivers have a "Link", surely receiver 1 would be alerted and change frequency. For instance, many radars work on many different frequencies simultaneously, making the platform necessary to jam them, immense.

*One caveat on changing frequency when you are being jammed, don't do it! Jamming school 101, changing frequency tells the jammer it's working. Your setup would make jamming extremely difficult, due to the range capabilities of the jammer.

I would Jam the "link"

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know what caused you to ask the initial question, but just wanted to add...any and all types of jamming in the United States (outside of certain Federal and DoD uses) are illegal.
All cell phone jammers, WiFi jammers, etc are illegal to import, sell or use, including on private property.

Status
Not open for further replies.