ProScan: Proscan compatibility with Parallels 14 desktop on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRCS543

Is the Proscan software compatible with Parallels 14 desktop on Mac? I have a Macbook Air running Windows 7 utilizing Parallels 14. Downloaded free trial of Proscan but so far, the scanner (BCD436HP) fails to communicate with my Mac via USB.

N9JIG

Sheriff
It works fine with my iMac 5K as well as my MacBook Air. In Parallels' Devices menu be sure you select the USB device to go to Windows.
ProScan.jpg

WRCS543

Thanks for the reply. I finally found the correct usb driver and the software can see the scanner on the bus. Still playing with the trial software for Proscan but not sure which is better, Proscan or ARC536. Haven't tried the ARC536 yet.

PastorPC

Premium Subscriber
Is the Proscan software compatible with Parallels 14 desktop on Mac? I have a Macbook Air running Windows 7 utilizing Parallels 14. Downloaded free trial of Proscan but so far, the scanner (BCD436HP) fails to communicate with my Mac via USB.

I am running Sentinel on my Macbook Pro for my Uniden SDS-100 with no problems. I am guessing that you have told your computer that the USB connection is for the Mac OS (Operating System) instead of using it as a Windows OS. Everytime I plug in my scanner, the computer asks whether it is a Windows or Mac connection. If you are using Parallel as a Windows platform, you need to specify that it is a Windows USB connection instead of Mac..

Status
Not open for further replies.