Northern Virginia Incidents

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
US Park PD Eagle-2 helo is enroute to western Loudoun for a injured person on the Appalachian Trail near access point S3.

Any idea where "S3" is? I can't find any information on it.

freqhopping

Prince William Co in pursuit of a shooting suspect. LCSO just put out calls of a few units to assist them. Currently on Rt15 near Logmill Rd. Suspect crashing into multiple vehicles. Request for Loudoun to shut down Rt15 on their end.

Suspect in custody, been bit by K9.

freqhopping

MWAA and LCSO are conducting a training drill involving a vehicle crash followed by mass shooting. LCSO and MWAA PD on Dulles South/Brambleton Tac 1. MWAA 31F, 3J and PD Ops also in use.

bpittman

Prince William Co in pursuit of a shooting suspect. LCSO just put out calls of a few units to assist them. Currently on Rt15 near Logmill Rd. Suspect crashing into multiple vehicles. Request for Loudoun to shut down Rt15 on their end.

Suspect in custody, been bit by K9.

Thanks for the post. Does LCSO use P25 now? I can sometimes get as far down as Sterling on P25. May have to reload NOVA in the 1098.

freqhopping

Active shooter drill at the Leesburg outlet malls.

No wonder they sound uncoordinated. PD and FD need to work on having a joint channel for incidents.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Loudoun in pursuit of a car being drive by someone with felony warrants. Currently not at high speed. Eastbound on Harmony Church Rd towards Rt15.

Going southbound on Rt15.

1653- Just got it with stopsticks just prior to Gilberts Corner. And stopped and in custody.

Rt15 will be closed for crash reconstruction.
Rt15 reopened at 1730

Last edited:

ecarvalho

I heard the tail-end of that yesterday. They were on a tac talkgroup I don’t remember now which. I was like.. damn I bet this was something bigger I just missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JamesO

Armed Bank Robber Foot Chase in Great Falls

FCPD McLean Dispatch currently active. Wells Fargo Bank in Great Falls robbed by a single armed male, car possibly Car Jacked. Stolen money bag has GPS tracking unit in it and foot chase after car jacking. Near Arnon Chapel and River Bend. Fairfax 1 in the air. K9 brought in. Possibly corner in a resident at this moment. Started as a bank robbery in Great Falls village.

12:11 pm K9 on the scene not, Reactionary Team setting up. Money bag with GPS not moved for about 5 minutes, possibly dropped money bag.

12:16 pm K9 starting to track, perimeter widened. Still trying to get full description of individual.

12:22 pm Fairfax 1 sees a heat signature coming from a large trashcan, K9 still searching, So far nothing positive about suspect location. TAC/SWAT starting to set up as members arrive on scene.

12:28 pm Suspect still at large, K9 and Helo searching, large perimeter of personnel TAC team setting up. If Fairfax 1 starts to run low of fuel trying to get Eagle 1 up for assistance.

12:33 pm All radio traffic requested to move to Reston Ops 2, encrypted. Can see traffic listed as Encryted. So not much more to add at this point.

12:47 pm Still a lot of active Encrypted voice traffic on Reston Ops 2. No updates mentioned on regular Dispatch channel as of yet.

12:58 pm Fairfax 1 back on McLean Dispatch indicating it is leaving scene due to low fuel, USPP Eagle 1 en route to fill in for Fairfax 1. Assume Fairfax 1 will return after refueling? Surprised that I have not heard a Dispatch for Rescue to be in the area on Standby in case someone gets injured. Maybe this has happened and I did not hear Fire Dispatch, maybe they do not do this often? I live near the river and think I may have just heard Eagle 1 go up river toward incident scene. Still lots of Encrypted voice traffic on Reston Ops 2.

https://patch.com/virginia/mclean/b...ium=email&utm_term=weather&utm_campaign=alert

1:15 pm Mt Vernon Dispatch TGID 1053 FCPD - Another Well Fargo Bank just robbed, 1805 Belle View Blvd, in Mt Vernon area suspect may have been Middle Eastern. Somewhat similar description of Great Falls robber. VSP notified via PMARS. Local schools in the Mt Vernon area on lock down.

1:20 pm Fairfax 1 now up in air working Mt Vernon Wells Fargo bank robbery. Armed dark skinned male as description. 1:09 pm was when back robbery occurred in Mt Vernon. Busy day in Fairfax!

Last edited:

freqhopping

FCPD McLean Dispatch currently active. Wells Fargo Bank in Great Falls robbed by a single armed male, car possibly Car Jacked. ...

Thanks for posting. Never would've got these details since I was busy at work.

Early this morning this happened.
Pursuit: A deputy observed a vehicle near the area of Rt. 15 near Leesburg that was unable to maintain lane control. The deputy initiated their emergency equipment but the driver failed to yield and continued traveling at on Rt. 7 eastbound. LCSO deployed stop sticks successfully near the area of River Creek Parkway and the vehicle stopped near Rt. 28. The driver did not comply with the lawful commands of deputies and refused to exit the vehicle. LCSO K9 was deployed and the subject was removed from the vehicle with minor injuries. The driver was identified as Chau Nguyen, 45, of Fairfax, VA. Nguyen was arrested and charged with Felony Eluding, Obstruction of Justice, Driving Under the Influence, Felony Hit & Run and Destruction of Property. He is being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center pending bond review when he is sober.
But I wasn't about to post it, it was hard enough getting back to sleep. Especially since not long after this wrapped up Leesburg had a short pursuit. Traffic stop attempt on Plaza, eventually to the bypass then the car stopped on/around the exit to S King St.

What the news release doesn't say is that Frederick Co MD was in pursuit of that car and terminated once it crossed the river on Rt15. LPD and LCSO were watching for it in town. Once it passed they followed and eventually lit it up and again he took off. At Battlefield Pkwy LCSO 345A successfully got stopstick hits on two LCSO vehicles (10A and 360A) taking them out of the pursuit. LCSO 330A took out the driver side rear tire of the fleeing car at River Creek. At Loudoun Co Pkwy they got some more stopstick hits on it and eventually it came to a stop between there and Rt28. He hit one cruiser before coming to a stop. The K9 unit let his dog get its bite one. Resq came and treated the perp for the bite.

I've got it recorded.

JamesO

Follow up on Great Falls Wells Fargo Bank Robbery

Suspect Arrested - Christopher Warren Lapp, 60, of Great Falls

https://patch.com/virginia/mclean/b...ium=email&utm_term=weather&utm_campaign=alert

A quick search seems to indicate this guy robbed the bank and pretty much drove home to his house?? Maybe he was not expecting a GPS pinger inside a money pack.

Something went sideways here regardless of the situation.

At least it does not appear anyone was hurt that I could tell from all the activity.

Assume the money was quickly recovered as well.

Last edited:

freqhopping

50275138_1061878270640371_5894785997501104128_n.jpg

3 firefighters injured after firetruck flips upside down in the snow in Virginia

freqhopping

Sounds like a barricade situation in the Paeonian Springs area of Loudoun. LCSO has their armored vehicle, drone and Faifax1 on scene. Ops on Dulles Dispatch.

Turned my scanner on after it started so still figuring it out.

FBI is represented out there.

Started as a shoot out.
Fairfax-1 has left due to snow starting.

1712- Subject told to surrender via ARV (Bearcat). Briefly came out on to porch and appears wounded.
1715- Subject in custody
Subject had been shot in the arm.
Sounds like the subject may have been suspected of building bombs.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Loudoun, Fairafax and MWAA FD units are working a construction site hole collapse at a football field somewhere along Braddock Rd. One yellow tag patient has been pulled out and one most likely black tag is still in the hole. The hole is said to be 30" in diameter and 12ft deep. Technical rescue units are just now arriving. Ops on 6D

Last edited:

freqhopping

Loudoun on the scene of a large tree that has fallen on a passing car, at Purcellville Rd / Mayfair Crown Dr. Two are trapped and triaged as red tags. A heavy wrecker just arrived to lift the tree. Two helos enroute. The fox/ABC news helo will be on scene in a minute, just came from a wreck in Chantilly. Ops on 6L, 6M, LCSO West.
1938-Aircare3 just left Leesburg.
1939-Hearing news crew on 450.2625 commenting about the size of the tree.
1942- Driver has been removed.

12yo female with major face/head trauma

Last edited:

freqhopping

In Sterling around Rt7 and Potomac View Rd there is an outside gas leak incident. Rt 7 is shutdown. LCSO motor units are expecting at least a 4-hour incident. Washington Gas and a pipeline rep are on scene.
No eastbound traffic on Potomac View Rd from Cascades Pkwy.

freqhopping

Dulles Airport is preparing emergency crews for a flight reporting a landing gear issues. Looks to be AWI4845 coming from Knoxville. It is currently holding to the west, probably going through checklists and burning excess fuel. Crews are preparing and standing by on runway 19R.

Ops on MWAA TG2656
2021- AWI4845 will be inbound now. 134.2

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Dulles Airport is preparing emergency crews for a flight reporting a landing gear issues. Looks to be AWI4845 coming from Knoxville. It is currently holding to the west, probably going through checklists and burning excess fuel. Crews are preparing and standing by on runway 19R.

Ops on MWAA TG2656
2021- AWI4845 will be inbound now. 134.2
Aircraft landed Dulles, currently taxiing. Actually still on taxiway according to ADSB. Landed 19R, on taxiway U4 atm, stopped..

Last edited: