Marketing idea for TRX-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ONY

At Field Day in June I was told my local county was going digital. So I started researching for a new scanner to replace my old analog Bearcat. After much thought I decided on a TRX-1. Before I could pull the trigger on buying it I saw the announcement for the TRX-100. Waiting to the Q4-2018 would not be such a long wait, but the timeline moved to Q1-2019. Now with so many rumors that the wait will even be longer, it is hard to wait any longer.
I think Whistler should offer customers that buy a TRX-1 after January 1, 2019 a deal to trade it back in on the new TRX-100 for the full purchase price. They could keep working on development while I could get back to scanning.

fredva

Feed Provider
You mind want to know whether your county's system is going to be a simulcast trunking system or a conventional digital system before deciding on a scanner. A TRX-1 might not perform well if it is simulcast - simulcast performance is the main advancement that is supposed to be in the TRX-100.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I think Whistler should offer customers that buy a TRX-1 after January 1, 2019 a deal to trade it back in on the new TRX-100 for the full purchase price. They could keep working on development while I could get back to scanning.

As previous attempts at trade in programs have shown, you would get far, far more money by selling it on Ebay that you ever would if the manufacturer even considered offering a trade-in program (which would be highly unlikely).

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Whistler wouldn't even provide a test/loaner TRX-2 to my TV station to evaluate/test for an $8000 multiple unit purchase...they will not consider trade-ups.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, here is Wendy's reply from June of 2017 when I asked about trading my weeks old 1088 for a TRX-1 when they first came out: "If you would like to trade in your WS10xx for a TRX-1 or TRX-2 you can call our customer support number and request a trade in. The your cost will be $410 for the TRX-1 and $445 for the TRX-2." Outrageous.

I ended up buying a TRX-1 from the Whistler refurb sale back in February 2018, then selling my 1088 to my wife's BFF in Scottsdale for nearly what I paid for it... came out to a wash.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Do NOT buy the TRX-1 or anything else except maybe SDS100 or Unication G4/G5 if your needs are mostly P25 Simulcast. You'll only be angry, sorry and will end up having to sell it. WAIT until the TRX-100/200 comes out. Then decide. That's not a marketing idea, it's a LO$$ for them. Will never happen.

N8IAA

At Field Day in June I was told my local county was going digital. So I started researching for a new scanner to replace my old analog Bearcat. After much thought I decided on a TRX-1. Before I could pull the trigger on buying it I saw the announcement for the TRX-100. Waiting to the Q4-2018 would not be such a long wait, but the timeline moved to Q1-2019. Now with so many rumors that the wait will even be longer, it is hard to wait any longer.

Indeed they went digital. The county sheriff and one of the cities are DMR. The rest of the frequencies are analog conventional. Coosa isn't even associated with the statewide AL P-25 system. You can find a WS 1088, WS 1095, or the TRX 1/2.
No need to spend mega bucks on Unification G4/5, or the overpriced SDS100/200. Unless you don't mind spending $650 plus to hear your county.

Again, the rush to push too much scanner that's not needed. Did anyone actually check the DBo_O Come on people, be responsible. Not everyone has that much money to spend..... Common sense has gone out the door on this site.

Larry

mule1075

Feed Provider
Again, the rush to push too much scanner that's not needed. Did anyone actually check the DBo_O Come on people, be responsible. Not everyone has that much money to spend..... Common sense has gone out the door on this site.Larry

Thanks for the advice but I will make my own spending decisions.

spencerpolicedino

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.