Advice for Nascar fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I would delete that file out, and try these steps again:

BC125AT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki to download the driver. Please be sure that the scanner or theUSB cord is not connected to the computer until instructed to by the steps below.

1. download and open the zip file,
2. extract the BC125AT_USB_driver folder to an open area of your desktop, open it, and open either the XP or Win7 folder(depending on the OS of the computer you are doing this on)
3. open up MY COMPUTER(Win7 will list it just as COMPUTER) through your start menu
4. open your C: drive, then the Windows folder, and finally the INF folder
5. copy the file that you were looking at the end of step 2 and paste into the INF folder on your computer
6. run the BC125AT_SS programming software, turn on your scanner, and connect it up via the USB cord
7. If the computer does not automatically run through the installation, select on the TOOLS tab at the top of the programming software and select the COM PORT SETTING option
8. select on DEVICE MANAGER
9. right click on the model number of the scanner in the next window prompt under OTHER DEVICES and select UPDATE DRIVER
10. allow it to search automatically, it will find it, and start to install it for you

Once the installation is complete, you may go back to the COM PORT SETTING window and select AUTO DETECT and it should indicate that it was detected if it installed properly.

maybe the file is corrupted in some way.

icantdrive55

I would delete that file out, and try these steps again:

BC125AT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki to download the driver. Please be sure that the scanner or theUSB cord is not connected to the computer until instructed to by the steps below.

1. download and open the zip file,
2. extract the BC125AT_USB_driver folder to an open area of your desktop, open it, and open either the XP or Win7 folder(depending on the OS of the computer you are doing this on)
3. open up MY COMPUTER(Win7 will list it just as COMPUTER) through your start menu
4. open your C: drive, then the Windows folder, and finally the INF folder
5. copy the file that you were looking at the end of step 2 and paste into the INF folder on your computer
6. run the BC125AT_SS programming software, turn on your scanner, and connect it up via the USB cord
7. If the computer does not automatically run through the installation, select on the TOOLS tab at the top of the programming software and select the COM PORT SETTING option
8. select on DEVICE MANAGER
9. right click on the model number of the scanner in the next window prompt under OTHER DEVICES and select UPDATE DRIVER
10. allow it to search automatically, it will find it, and start to install it for you

Once the installation is complete, you may go back to the COM PORT SETTING window and select AUTO DETECT and it should indicate that it was detected if it installed properly.

maybe the file is corrupted in some way.

I have followed those steps on 2 computers. If the driver file was corrupted, it would have to be both the Win7 version and Win 8+ (different downloads, folders, files).

WhenPlugingIn.png

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
This is nothing against you nor your intelligence but I would guess either something is being followed exactly as the instructions say or the file is corrupt. It could be that you're doing something out of order or something. I only say this out of experience with other devices in the past...I would swear I was following everything exactly and then I'd be going through them again and notice I had been doing something wrong due to misunderstanding or just not reading it clearly.

I'd suggest removing the file from the inf folder, rebooting the computer, and then starting over.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It really looks like you have not installed the drivers (which is the same answer you are probably going to get from support, as that is what I told them a little while ago). Correct drivers are at BC125AT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In Device Manager, right click on the device that is showing no/bad driver and select "Update Driver Software". Select to browse your computer for the driver file, navigate to wherever you unzipped the BC125AT_CDC_WIN7.inf and select that location.

icantdrive55

Thanks for the suggestions. The drivers were indeed retrieved the site listed and numerous attempts to install/repair/update including removal and rebooting. Trust me, I have considerable experience with software andcomputers. I seriously doubt the file is corrupt since it would have to affect both versions (I have tried installation on Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers).

Sadly, the case I opened with Uniden sat unassigned for over 2 weeks. Even after calling them, the replies have been less than stellar. Sure would prefer a Mac version for the software. My return date with Amazon is quickly approaching. I do appreciate the input of others here.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If you got it from Amazon, does it appear to be brand new or a previously sold and returned?

I would do a visual check on the cable and scanner connector and pins.
If the USB cable is plugged in a USB hub, plug it directly in the computer to see if that works but only when directed in the instructions.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
PC issues are quite difficult to diagnose, sometimes. I have some proficiency with Windows, but really have no idea what is causing the issues you are having. Note that your questions to Customer Support are routed to me...and I am now saying back to them that I've replied to the thread on RadioReference.

icantdrive55

PC issues are quite difficult to diagnose, sometimes. I have some proficiency with Windows, but really have no idea what is causing the issues you are having. Note that your questions to Customer Support are routed to me...and I am now saying back to them that I've replied to the thread on RadioReference.

Does this explain why my case has been marked "resolved" multiple times without any real fix? Or worse without asking the customer if the issue is indeed really resolved?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No idea. It does not appear to be an issue that we can resolve by phone, email, or forum post, though, as it appears to be either an issue specific to your computers (else we would see this question all the time and/or be able to duplicate it ourselves) or something we've never seen occur before with the scanner.

icantdrive55

I know how difficult diagnosing issues can be. However emails like "we sent you the wrong drivers" (sent what? when?) from support and then mark the case resolved, aren't very useful or accurate. Not trying to air dirty laundry here, but this forum is more responsive than the official support site.
Since the case is "resolved" and not fixed, I've sent the unit back. Not willing to pay for shipping to the repair center (another disappointment).

gillham

Feed Provider
If the unit hasn't gone back yet.. maybe try disabling your Anti-Virus or On-Access Scanning, or any Malware tools you have running that might be preventing the driver from installing correctly?
On the Win 10 box, you're grabbing the ZIP for the Windows 8.x, right? After the file is downloaded, double check to see if the files are blocked (go to Properties on the ZIP, it would show at the bottom). If you extract it while the files are blocked, the files may appear unzipped - but likely not properly; and thus the corruption issue you might be hitting.
This happens with some software I run at work - and the installation fails.

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 9.55.44 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.