• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VXR-7000 Help - CWID broadcast questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanMadigan

I was able to get the CWID to broadcast every 13 minutes with use, but i got a couple questions. I have looked around a little and found some documentation on using CE27 but not too much. I am using the Windows GUI Application.

If it has been quiet for a while and I key up, the CWID wants to go off immediately after I finish my transmission. It does add a little delay for the other unit to answer which depending on whats going on can be quite inconvenient. Is there any way to delay that when we key up for the first time in a while, it waits a couple minutes until broadcasting the ID?

I have multiple PLs on one frequency to separate things out. When the CWID is broadcast, it goes over the last active PL. Can I have it go out with no PL so my radios don't hear it?

If I can have the ID go out with no PL, could I also set it so that if it is going off and someone keys up, it switches to repeating that transmission, then when thats done it goes back to broadcasting the ID?

cmdrwill

Look for something like "polite ID" that should hold off ID until there is no activity/use on the repeater.

DylanMadigan

Didn't see that anywhere. I did look through all the options, but these are the only two pages relevant to the ID or timing that I see.

1547913876365.png
1547913950140.png
^ignore the massive hang time, was testing something

kmh603

Didn't see that anywhere. I did look through all the options, but these are the only two pages relevant to the ID or timing that I see.

View attachment 67739
View attachment 67740
There is no polite ID. What the repeater does is during use every 780 seconds it will identify itself no matter what and you cannot un-PL the CW ID tones. If you are not using the repeater longer than 780 seconds it will stay quiet until the repeater is keyed and then it will identify itself and again every 780 seconds that you have selected until the repeater is no longer keyed. You are stuck hearing the cw ID no matter what!
Kmh603

cmdrwill

Sounds like the repeater has a very stupid ID. No polite ID, bad timing and should not ID with any tone.

radio259

It will not ID without PL. And not polite. We went to Midian boards and installed them to get polite ID, and ID without PL.

kmh603

The other thing Vertex does NOT do well is keeping weaker signals on the same frequency from being transmitted. Even if the PL tone is different, the signal is carried in the background causing somewhat interference. I aligned it to my specific frequency and then the repeater worked far better. I suggest you do that.

DylanMadigan

The other thing Vertex does NOT do well is keeping weaker signals on the same frequency from being transmitted. Even if the PL tone is different, the signal is carried in the background causing somewhat interference. I aligned it to my specific frequency and then the repeater worked far better. I suggest you do that.

Are there any guides on how to do that? I'm a bit new to this. I found the couple of menus for it, I just don't know what to do and I don't want to cause issues lol.

1548341451368.png

cmdrwill

Are there any guides on how to do that? I'm a bit new to this. I found the couple of menus for it, I just don't know what to do and I don't want to cause issues lol.

View attachment 67870

I would NOT mess with those 'settings' as they ARE Alignment and Calibration values aka tuning settings. And one needs test equipment for adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.