ARC-XT to ARC536 Butel programming transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I have several BCD-996P2's, and Butel's ARC-XT programming software (Pro, paid) that I use to program them with, and also the (paid, pro) version of Butel's ARC536 for my SDS100, and future SDS200. I have close to 200 "Systems" in the 996P2's, and would love to be able to transfer my "codeplug" of programming from my 996P2 saved in my ARC-XT, to my SDS100/200 via ARC536. I have tried saving the file a different way, but the ARC536 doesn't recognize the files from the ARC-XT that I already have.

Also, if I try to "Copy and paste" a "System" from the ARC-XT to the ARC536, it will let me do it (one at a time, ugh) but I have some DMR systems saved amongst analog and P25 in the same "department" (Why can't we program them more like a mobile radio anymore??), and after the copy and paste, the ARC536 saves the "system" (Basically, a mix of analog, DMR, P25 VHF) as it is analog (no place for "Timeslot", etc.) ...But it does transfer the freqs and GPS data and such (thankfully)

But there has to be an easier way.... Right?

Help?

freqseeker

You didn't say how you tried to transfer the file. It has been several years since I copied my 996T file to my 536. This is what I did.

Open ARC536.
Click File.
Hover over Import.
Click Import ARC XT File.
Select the file you want to import.

Hope that helps.

Vince.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate it, but I can only do one "system" at a time, and then it saves it in the wrong formats.

Anyone else tried this with success?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I was in a similar boat, having x96 line of scanners and then migrating to x36. I was able to get ARC 536 to "read" my x96 files, but a lot of data didn't carry over. Then the x36 has Service Type fields, which x96 doesn't. ARC imports these as Custom 1 and you have to change each, which is painful.

Also the x96 has a lot of limits, such as number of groups (departments) along with a few other limits where the x36 is much, much more generous. So you'd almost be selling yourself short by using the same programming scheme.

So I bit the bullet and recreated all my stuff. It wasn't too bad, but I'm retired and got lots of time on my hands. Nonetheless I am really happy I did.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I have a LOT of custom stuff. I don't go by the "database" except as maybe a base, then edit out and add in stuff.

I HATE the "departments" and "law talk" and such, it's like the programming is dumbed down. The 996 series was more like programming a radio.

'Reackon i'll have to keep poking away....

Status
Not open for further replies.