• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 with DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I saw that repeater mode checkbox. Any explanation as to what constitutes a check or uncheck ? I’m sure the device can’t tell the difference whether the frequency being received is simplex or not.

Also, any tests yet on known RAS systems ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
From the Unication PPS.

"In DMR protocol, the 12.5kHz channel is divided into two alternating time slots, with each carrying an individual call when operating in Repeater mode. As a result, both the assigned frequency and the assigned time slot must be specified in order to completely describe a digital repeater channel. Radios or Groups that need to talk together must be assigned to the same frequency and time slot.

Note
This feature is only applicable while operating in Repeater mode.

Gx pager configured for repeater slot 1 or slot 2 operation will always hear a radio transmitting in Talkaround mode regardless of which slot the radio is configured to hear in repeater mode. Gx pager in Talkaround mode will hear any Talkaround calls as well as repeated calls on the configured repeater slot."

"Repeater Mode
Definition
Each Selective Call/Monitor Mode channel can be set in repeater mode or talkaround mode.

Options
1. Disable - Talkaround Mode (Default)
2. Enable - Repeater Mode

Note
This feature is avaliable in digital(P25 Conventional & DMR) channel."

ocn29rsc

I have G-5 with vhf and my version is 1.10, so if i'm trying set a vhf freq. for DMR am I going to set it up for conventional or P-25 conventional?

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have G-5 with vhf and my version is 1.10, so if i'm trying set a vhf freq. for DMR am I going to set it up for conventional or P-25 conventional?

Set it up for DMR conventional.

You will need to add the DMR protocol in the PPS. You will need to setup a protocol for each timeslot.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
This is something you may not want to hear but you may have to buy a new G5 to get DMR hardware firmware support. It makes sense that they (Unication) has made no remarks about firmware upgrades for the older pagers if this is the case Unication had better get ready for the rebellion because it will follow.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
This is something you may not want to hear but you may have to buy a new G5 to get DMR hardware firmware support. It makes sense that they (Unication) has made no remarks about firmware upgrades for the older pagers if this is the case Unication had better get ready for the rebellion because it will follow.
I was thinking the same exact thing! If they have representatives here why aren't they chiming in? I just got my pager a month ago and this will really be a make-or-break kind of deal if DMR it's not going to be something we all get. I got mine being told it was coming and would be implemented in a firmware update. It's a good thing I didn't hear about the phase 2 cost charged to the earlier purchasing parties before I bought my pager. Hopefully, Unication will do the right thing. And hopefully somebody from the company will speak up and say something in this thread soon letting us know what's going on.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

radio3353

They have a product that does what it does very well it will not work for me. Like I said if the users end up having to buy new pagers the rebellion will be very bad.

Stop fueling the flames with your 'ifs' and 'mays'. Either you know something or you don't. In the mean time, we just need to let this play out.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
The new firmware that is "coming soon" hasn't been released yet, put your hat back on....

Besides, if a radio (scanner/ monitor) will receive Phase 2 traffic, the hardware is already there for DMR, it is the same thing. (TDMA)

Just like the BCD996P2 scanners, we had no idea it would receive DMR for quite some time, until Uniden finally released the firmware to enable it....

NebraskaCoder

I am not hired/paid/etc by Unication but am beta testing it. DMR is coming. Other features are coming. Let them release it whenever they decide. No need to start scaring people with rumors about needing new hardware.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
After some experimenting and changing my model number to a model that has DMR. I have the latest firmware . I copied my current UHF model to one that has DMR and set the protocols I have DMR. check your model numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.