Nj Transit Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I seen in the data base its listed as te
No, they're listed as De in the database, which indicates FDMA with partial encryption. Upper case E indicates full-time encryption, lower case e indicates partial or selective encryption.

They have encryption available to them, therefore the talkgroups are listed to indicate partial encryption. FDMA, not TDMA, as they are linked with the 800 MHz SmartZone system.

Analogrules

When it comes to the analog NJT Police freqs, I know 160.830 has been used for testing and simulcasting for other reasons, so I will keep that in my scanner for now. However, 161.370 is now deprecated for Newark Penn use, but is it still used to communicate with Amtrak PD? I haven't heard a peep on 161.490 or 161.190 in years. Is it safe to delete these from my scanner or do NJT PD still have these frequencies/channels in their radios?

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
NJTPD will keep the VHF licenses and frequencies active as a failsafe in case they are needed for some special event or if there is an issue with coverage on NJCIS. Since they have APX7000's that are VHF/700/800, always good to have those channels in your back pocket and not rely solely on the trunked system.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
What is the exclusive talk group for NJTPD at Trenton Rail station which I assume would be on Central simulcast on the 800 megahertz State Police system?... thanks.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I usually hear units at the Trenton Station on the South Patrol Zone - TG 59696 on the NJSP 800 system
Thank you very much, that was my guess but I don't listen to Trenton train station too often I just monitor Trenton nxnd when I'm working there. Thanks again.

The database reflects that NJ Transit PD is now full time encrypted and no longer being simulcast on the NJ State Police 800 MHz system. That is, all NJ Transit PD units are using 700 MHz equipment only. Is this accurate? When did this change occur?

GM

Premium Subscriber
Within the past 2 weeks, I have noticed that 99% of the transmissions for NJ Transit Police have been in secure
mode. I believe the patch is still up, but even if the radio is encrypted on the 700 side, it comes across on the 800 analog side as the encrypted garble most of us dread. I have also verified this via Unitrunker data as well across multiple sites.

Within the past 2 weeks, I have noticed that 99% of the transmissions for NJ Transit Police have been in secure
mode. I believe the patch is still up, but even if the radio is encrypted on the 700 side, it comes across on the 800 analog side as the encrypted garble most of us dread. I have also verified this via Unitrunker data as well across multiple sites.

Another one bites the dust . . .

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
Gone are the days when you could hear a NJTPD unit give out a full social security number over the air. As much as I hate encryption and think its ridiculous on regular dispatch channels I see why they finally went full time encryption after hearing them give out personal info on the radio for years. Obviously its easier to encrypt then change radio SOG's and operations.

scannersnstuff

another favorite gone... and people in my state are actually spending $700 for "future paper weights" ??[/QU

richee2000, It's not just Jersey. It's happening all over. Pasco County Fla. just implemented a totally encrypted <all services> radio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.