FMP24 FastLane 2.155 - Will It Decode FMN or Broadcast FM Radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious so - the dumb un-asked question of the week. Just wondering... I don't see that capability in the FMP24.txt file - maybe I missed it or maybe or maybe it should be intuitively obvious.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
FMN and FMB are simply filter selections. FMN it does fine. Just set the filter width to 12.5 or less and voila its narrow. Don't think you are going to have any luck with FM Broadcast though. If it isn't "supported" I'm sure it is easy enough to support, but DSDPlus is a trunking/decoding application. Use your scanner or FM radio if you want to listen to broadcast radio.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
FMN and FMB are simply filter selections. FMN it does fine. Just set the filter width to 12.5 or less and voila its narrow. Don't think you are going to have any luck with FM Broadcast though. If it isn't "supported" I'm sure it is easy enough to support, but DSDPlus is a trunking/decoding application. Use your scanner or FM radio if you want to listen to broadcast radio.

Thanks. What mode should be used in an FMP24 ScanList file (such as DMR, etc) for FMN. FMN or none or... if none, just use a comma or a blank or just list frequencies and nothing else or?

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. What mode should be used in an FMP24 ScanList file (such as DMR, etc) for FMN. FMN or none or... if none, just use a comma or a blank or just list frequencies and nothing else or?

You'd put FM (As opposed to AM), then specify the bandwidth for the mode you expect on the frequency.

146.520000 FM BW=12.5 HAM Radio Simplex

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the minimum number of files I need for an FMP24 scanner? I have Fast Lane and it is working nicer that what I have been able to do in SDR# but slower. I like the multi-mode decode capability. Thinking... I have multiple SDR dongles. Might be nice to run multiple scanners at the same time. Each one out of it's own folder and it's own scanlist. Therefore the question. Also - as to scanlists. Can you load a scanlist by name through a bat file? Or is there just one scanlist file name defined to the software and you just have to constantly change the contents of that file? Thinking... would be nice to have a bat file for different scan lists, then just click the bat file you need. And - can you load multiple scan lists at one time in one instance of FMP24? I know... I know... just go buy a scanner! chuckle...

D

DaveNF2G

I have copied a basic DSDPlus folder for each system I want to monitor and named each folder DSDPlus.[system]. Each folder contains the detailed data files for that system, plus global info like the Networks file. I have created desktop shortcuts to start FMP24 and DSD+ from each folder, named according to function and placed on the desktop in the order in which they need to be opened. It takes four such shortcuts to track a digital trunked system of any type.

Status
Not open for further replies.