SDS100/SDS200: One Frequency DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

I have a question about how to program a DMR One Frequency System using Sentinel on my SDS100. I typically like to learn by doing or observing. From what I have read, Sentinel doesn't read in these systems in the most efficient way possible for the SDS100. So I want to program one system on my own, so I can verify the best way to do it.

I have been monitoring a new system for the Lehigh Cement Company. Here is a link to the license:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQVS579

I have been monitoring/recording the frequencies in Digital Code Search mode. The channel indicator shows "DMR". I have figured out:
464.8125 / Color Code 14
TGID 4560 / Slot 1: Channel 1
TGID 4561 / Slot 2: Channel 2

461.05 / Color Code 9
TGID 4564 / Slot 1: Unknown 1
TGID 4568 / Slot 2: Unknown 2

Now the question… When I program this as a DMR One Frequency trunked system, how do I program the frequencies? Do I program them as one site with two frequencies?

Site 1:

Or do I program them as two sites, each having one frequency.
Site 1:

Site 2:

I think the best/recommended way is to use a Single Site with multiple frequencies per site, but I want to make sure. I would think that if One Frequency DMR could/should only accept one frequency per site, then this would be restricted in the site frequency form/input. But it isn't... So is this by design, or is this a bug?

Last edited:

jasonhouk

I have a question about how to program a DMR One Frequency System using Sentinel on my SDS100. I typically like to learn by doing or observing. From what I have read, Sentinel doesn't read in these systems in the most efficient way possible for the SDS100. So I want to program one system on my own, so I can verify the best way to do it.

I have been monitoring a new system for the Lehigh Cement Company. Here is a link to the license:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQVS579

I have been monitoring/recording the frequencies in Digital Code Search mode. The channel indicator shows "DMR". I have figured out:
464.8125 / Color Code 14
TGID 4560 / Slot 1: Channel 1
TGID 4561 / Slot 2: Channel 2

461.05 / Color Code 9
TGID 4564 / Slot 1: Unknown 1
TGID 4568 / Slot 2: Unknown 2

Now the question… When I program this as a DMR One Frequency trunked system, how do I program the frequencies? Do I program them as one site with two frequencies?

Site 1:

Or do I program them as two sites, each having one frequency.
Site 1:

Site 2:

I think the best/recommended way is to use a Single Site with multiple frequencies per site, but I want to make sure. I would think that if One Frequency DMR could/should only accept one frequency per site, then this would be restricted in the site frequency form/input. But it isn't... So is this by design, or is this a bug?
Site should be thought of as, location of transmitter. Therefore I'd program both frequencies into one site.

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
This is something that I do not quite understand myself as well.

It is the “one frequency “aspect that I do not understand

For example, a business that I want to follow uses a DMR and has six frequencies.

With the Whistler scanner it allows you to program all frequencies in DMR mode, which I might add, DMR comes with the scanner… You don’t have to pay extra for it

If someone would be kind enough to explain how this works I would really appreciate it

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
This is something that I do not quite understand myself as well.

It is the “one frequency “aspect that I do not understand

For example, a business that I want to follow uses a DMR and has six frequencies.

With the Whistler scanner it allows you to program all frequencies in DMR mode, which I might add, DMR comes with the scanner… You don’t have to pay extra for it

If someone would be kind enough to explain how this works I would really appreciate it

DMR One Frequency system is the Uniden way of using(ID Scan and logging) TGID's and UID's on a conventional system. If those six frequencies are part of a trunk system then set the system type to MotoTRBO. If those six frequencies are conventional then put all six frequencies in a DMR One Freq. system.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber

As to why Uniden charges for DMR and Whistler does not, part of it is because of Uniden's business model and part is because they pay Motorola for use of their DMR Essential patents while Whistler does not.
DMR Essentials Licensing Program - Motorola Solutions USA - Motorola Solutions
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/c...rview/technology-leadership/dmr_licensees.pdf

Here is one of the many discussions on this topic:
https://forums.radioreference.com/t...g-for-dmr-provoice.351678/page-2#post-2895067

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
No, it is simply “up-selling” I think that is untenable.

And I understand.

They are in this to make a profit, and there’s nothing wrong with that

I find that this unit to be one of Uniden’s very best

I can tell it is made with quality, especially with respect afforded to the unit structure itself, and, the sound quality

And that’s what people really want:
quality.

They will pay anything for -quality-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.