SEPTA TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I dont listen to it that often, so it has taken a while to figure this out. Some channel updates to the TRS were made based on the attached channel plan from a radio.

Among the mysteries I am still trying to figure out:
A16, Announce Bus;
B13, Announce LR;
B14, CD&C; no idea what this abbreviation means
C15, Announce Sub;

I have not yet figured out what TGIDs match up to these channels. Anybody?
The following talkgroups appear now and then on the system, but remain unidentified:

16, 32, 48, 80, 1296, 1360, 1648 (maybe Citywide Spare 2?)

SEPTA channels.JPG

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
The announce tg are the same as an edacs fleet tg, anything transmitted on these tg, will be heard on all other tg in that selection.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Every time I tune in to this system for a period of time, I find myself eventually befuddled by how things play out. Despite the fact that there are specific channels for certain things like the MSHL Dispatch, NHSL Dispatch, and Elmwood SSL Dispatch, any of those things can end up on any of those three talkgroups. The MSHL dispatch talkgroup seems to be usually used for MOW type traffic. Then, you've got the weird ones like Oxford Valley 1 and 2 and Special 1, 2, 3. On the surface, one would think that "Oxford Valley" would be used by City routes that are running to the north of the city and yet, random buses from all over the system show up here, and not in a "help desk" capacity as it is tagged. For the rail groups, one would think that each service would default to their home channel and, if there was only one controller working, that the groups would be patched. But, looking at the system with Unitrunker does not show that. One interesting thing I've seen over the last few days is when certain announcements are made. The traffic will be tagged "MS" in Unitrunker and will be followed by a long list of affiliations from field units to the talkgroup where the announcement was made. A few minutes later, many of the radios will all unaffiliate in unison.

Septa3371CSX1

Yeah the system works in weird ways. I worked the 204 one day and had to contact control for remote logon and a bus swap. The voice that came up from control center was one I recognized from monitoring but I have no idea what channel I ended up on. Seems a request to talk gets put in a queue and answered by the first available controller with priority request to talks taking obvious priority. Later that day a group announcement came across for routes on Market St and the AMDT read "group call" for about a minute or so after the transmission ended.

I'll send you all the talkgroups I have in my PSR310 when I get a chance for comparison. Also I'd love to be able to identify all the CCT (paratransit) talkgroups. So far I've only identified the one known as the universal channel since it was the only one active between 22:00 and 06:00 one night.

phillydjdan

If anyone is able to get access to a radio PM me. I may be able to help figure some things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.