Introducing the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmerjrusa

With the government shut down, will they get through customs? Are government workers inspecting items coming in from China or Vietnam considered essential? Or will the scanners just sit there on a pallet in their port of entry until the government reopens and can be cleared?

ScannerMaster has the sds200 listed as "in stock" and "this item qualifies for free shipping"

palmerjrusa

Which is highly unlikely they are in stock.

I know that's almost certainly the case, it sounds a little deceptive to me, you either have them in store and ready to ship or you don't. I guess it might be the case they have some units and aren't allowed to ship any until a certain date. But still, it does convey the impresssion "we have them ready to ship as soon as you place the order".

mule1075

Feed Provider
I know that's almost certainly the case, it sounds a little deceptive to me, you either have them in store and ready to ship or you don't. I guess it might be the case they have some units and aren't allowed to ship any until a certain date. But still, it does convey the impresssion "we have them ready to ship as soon as you place the order".
Did the same thing with the 100 and they were not the only ones. Highly unlikely they have any in stock.

Tramagod

Nothing that a simple phone call can’t clear up, just call them and ask them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n9diz

From ScannerMaster's website:
NOTE: The base/mobile SDS200 is now available for Pre-Ordering. Quantities will be limited. As of today, the initial delivery is expected in early to mid-February with a much larger delivery to follow in approximately 30 days.

Quantities will be limited and availability is on a first-come, first served basis.

n9diz

Even though the first statement says: "As of today, the initial delivery is expected in early to mid-February with a much larger delivery to follow in approximately 30 days."

If you were unsure, you should contact them directly.

Tramagod

And reading those two statements together, one would conclude...

I would conclude that they’re contradictory. My guess is the “in stock” label allows them to place the SDS200 on their web page so they could take orders. Upman posted the same info in an earlier message about estimated availability, so I think I would go with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peerlessk

Scanner master advertising sale of the sds200 as “in stock” Would that be classified as false advertising?

n9diz

I've ordered things from online retailers before who listed things as "in-stock," only to get an email moments later that the item is back-ordered. That, to me, is deceptive. This happened to me when I ordered my SDS-100. I canceled my order with that vendor for not being honest about things.

ScannerMaster at least gives you notice that the item is only available for preorder at this time.

palmerjrusa

I've ordered things from online retailers before who listed things as "in-stock," only to get an email moments later that the item is back-ordered. That, to me, is deceptive. This happened to me when I ordered my SDS-100. I canceled my order with that vendor for not being honest about things.

ScannerMaster at least gives you notice that the item is only available for preorder at this time.

I've had the same happen and take note of the culprits for future reference.
All the other vendors I'm aware of are listing the sds200 as available for pre-ordering with a provisional availability date. This is both honest and accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.