DMR & NXDN Keys expire after a year???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

Okay at least this company is on notice. At least the owner knows about it now and maybe his CSR is a newbiee and did not know how things work. Once somebody feels maybe taken advantage of then it becomes a lynching on this site. I honestly do not think it was intentional but they were called to the plate on it. I don't think Uniden would keep them onboard and sell them batches of radios if they were trying intentional to de-fraud people or tarnish the name of Uniden.

I think we can stop beating the horse once he is already on his back taken cheap shots at this point.

Partially true, the person he describes as a lowly CSR is a senior staff member of the company and is advertised as his in house “scanner expert”. As far as Uniden is concerned, this incident just came to light today, so they may have not made any future decisions regarding zipscanner yet, but I do agree enough “horse beating “ has taken place. Personally I’m ready to let it lay from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zip_Scanners

I was checking out ZipScanners & noticed that they sell the NXDN & DMR for $89 installed.
I opened up chat & asked them what the difference between their key for $89 & Uniden's for $50 is.
Here's a paste of the chat transcript:
You — What is the difference in the NXDN upgrade that you offer for 89.99 & the one directly from Uniden at 50.00?
Police Scanner Expert --Hey there. Want me to look up what police scanner is required in your area? Shoot me your zip code & I'll take a peek. Thanks!
Jessie joined the chat
Jessie -- its totally the same... Its just that Our NXDN will be forever, with them... you need to renew it after 1 year
You — So the key I purchased from them in March of 2018 will expire?
Jessie -- yes
You —Will the DMR key expire also?
Jessie -- yes
You — Ok - I'll renew them when it quits working - What is your price on renewing DMR key on 436 & 536 & NXDN Key on 536?
Jessie -- here, its $89- one time payment - no expiration

Well that's the first I've heard of Keys expiring - I think it's total hogwash & ZipScanners is trying to pull a fast one!
I am well aware of their reputation - Just thought I'd mess with 'em!
Uniden should really take notice of this since they are a "dealer"
That is unless "Uncle Jesse" IS telling the truth??????

Our rep was confused and misspoke. The keys do not expire.

I have sent this thread and FB thread (think this is now deleted) to rep to ensure this does not happen again. Thanks for bringing to my attention. Email me directly at luke@zipscanners.com if you'd like to discuss or if there is anything we can do. Sorry about the confusion on our part. Thanks.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
Wow. I am getting ready to buy a top-of-the-line scanner to augment my mobile station. Glad I came across this thread first. This would have been a far more expensive venture if I hadn't.

Tramagod

Wow. I am getting ready to buy a top-of-the-line scanner to augment my mobile station. Glad I came across this thread first. This would have been a far more expensive venture if I hadn't.

They were on my list of potential purchase sources, not so much now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peerlessk

Pretty simple . Stay clear of bad business practices . Besides there are reputable small dealers that I now know about that I would rather deal with for my hobbies ,needs .

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
"Stay clear of bad business practices"

Exactly what I plan to do.

I find it difficult to accept that the "their upgrade expires and therefore costs less" explanation from a inexperienced CSR was just pulled out of his hat and offered without consulting first with someone else in their office. In my opinion, it was designed and intentionally implemented. If it wasn't, then this new CSR is exceptionally creative.

Peerlessk

"Stay clear of bad business practices"

Exactly what I plan to do.

I find it difficult to accept that the "their upgrade expires and therefore costs less" explanation from a inexperienced CSR was just pulled out of his hat and offered without consulting first with someone else in their office. In my opinion, it was designed and intentionally implemented. If it wasn't, then this new CSR is exceptionally creative.
Exactly, and furthermore was seen as an opportunity to take advantage of a costumer . But /rephe failed . Was called out on it and now zip scanners are on the defensive end . Take note anyone reading the responses from the said vendor. This is the last I’ll comment on it . I’ve learned that I won’t do business with them “ ever “

CQ

So, if I dont turn my scanner on for a week, or reset it, I have to renew my license?

mkt853

It was a simple mistake and they fixed it. Not sure what else people want done, so maybe we can put away the torches and pitchforks for a little while? Perhaps I'm just a sucker for wanting to give the benefit of the doubt.

Peerlessk

It was a simple mistake and they fixed it. Not sure what else people want done, so maybe we can put away the torches and pitchforks for a little while? Perhaps I'm just a sucker for wanting to give the benefit of the doubt.
Your free in having a opinion ,right or wrong .

Status
Not open for further replies.