HP-2: Database has not been updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

jraracer

Premium Subscriber
Trying to load Summit County OH new frequencies and talk groups on MARCS IP system which changed on Jan 19th but Sentinel database is dated Dec 2018.
How do I get new info into Uniden's Sentinel system so I can update my HP-2?

wbswetnam

First of all, what radio do you have? HP-1 / HP-2, BCD436HP / BCD536HP, SDS100?
Second, how recent is your version of Sentinel? Perhaps you need to download the latest version and update it.

W8SQY

It looks like the RRDB was mostly updated for Summit MARCS on the 21st so it won't be on the Sentinal DB until next Sunday.

jraracer

Premium Subscriber
First of all, what radio do you have? HP-1 / HP-2, BCD436HP / BCD536HP, SDS100?
Second, how recent is your version of Sentinel? Perhaps you need to download the latest version and update it.
My scanner is a HP-2 and I have the latest version of Sentinel. Another member replied that Sentinel DB won't have it until next Sunday so that may solve my dilemma! Thanks for responding!

jraracer

Premium Subscriber
It looks like the RRDB was mostly updated for Summit MARCS on the 21st so it won't be on the Sentinal DB until next Sunday.
Thanks for your reply! I will wait for Sunday's update and see what happens. I am in Copley and want to reprogram this new MARCS system but it looks like it may be more difficult than the previous P25 updates. I am not the greatest at figuring out all the nuances of programming these scanners. (I also have a Radio Shack Pro-106 that I will try to manually update).

budevans

Thanks for your reply! I will wait for Sunday's update and see what happens. I am in Copley and want to reprogram this new MARCS system but it looks like it may be more difficult than the previous P25 updates. I am not the greatest at figuring out all the nuances of programming these scanners. (I also have a Radio Shack Pro-106 that I will try to manually update).

Jraracer,

I did the Database download for Sentinel (the BCDx36HP version) on Monday and the Summit updates are there.
Here's the (steps) path in Sentinel: USA - Ohio - Summit - Statewide - Ohio MARCS-IP - Summit County. You will see 5 listings, Common, Fire/EMS/Hospital, Law, Public Works and State Corrections.

Hope this helps.

W8SQY

Thanks Bud. I tried to find the BCDx36HP version on my computer to verify if it had been indeed updated but can't find it. The HP was gone several years ago and I probably deleted Sentinel. I'm using a BCD996P2 and FreeSCAN so I do it manually anyway. :)
Plus a lot of stuff has been added to the RRDB since the changeover.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I just verified that the dB we are currently serving out is dated 1/20/2019 (so includes any RRDB changes up to about 6pm on Sunday).

jraracer

Premium Subscriber
Jraracer,

I did the Database download for Sentinel (the BCDx36HP version) on Monday and the Summit updates are there.
Here's the (steps) path in Sentinel: USA - Ohio - Summit - Statewide - Ohio MARCS-IP - Summit County. You will see 5 listings, Common, Fire/EMS/Hospital, Law, Public Works and State Corrections.

Hope this helps.
Thanks very much Bud!! I followed your steps and all is well now! I originally made my mistake by selecting "County" instead of "Statewide"
You have saved the day for me.....appreciate it very much.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I just verified that the dB we are currently serving out is dated 1/20/2019 (so includes any RRDB changes up to about 6pm on Sunday).
Paul:
I think the RRDB may need a tweak for the HP sentinel. It keeps saying download the new version of Sentinel to get the database. I already have 2.03.02 (and have since it came out) but cannot get the latest database.

Status
Not open for further replies.