Strange OSP Turnpike RID

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8SQY

I see, on multiple occasions, an Ohio State Highway Patrol Turnpike East RID of 9. Just 9 - one digit. Is this something legit or an error?

W8SQY

I don't think so based on listening and the number of transmissions.
Unless it's HQ or something special.
9004825 OSP Unit Dispatch 0058 (hits)~~~compared to 1 or two for "9"

Last edited:

au1344

Premium Subscriber
Those IDs belong to the Ohio Turnpike Commission from what I've found.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

budevans

I see, on multiple occasions, an Ohio State Highway Patrol Turnpike East RID of 9. Just 9 - one digit. Is this something legit or an error?

It's a dispatch console. In Cuyahoga County the early P25 dispatch consoles on MARCS & GCRCN have single to four digit RID's. As I was typing this I monitored Turnpike East dispatch with a RID of 9.

W8SQY

Those IDs belong to the Ohio Turnpike Commission from what I've found.

Yes we know that already.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
It's a dispatch console. In Cuyahoga County the early P25 dispatch consoles on MARCS & GCRCN have single to four digit RID's. As I was typing this I monitored Turnpike East dispatch with a RID of 9.

I suppose it could be. There are two alternate dispatch RIDs 9004824 and 90048246 already but hey.....

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
A console can have one or many RID's assigned to it.

Actually, not on the P25 systems; unlike the older systems (such as old MARCS or analog Smartnet systems) where each resource at each operator position had a separate Radio ID, each console on the P25 systems only has one Radio ID for the whole thing. And thank God. . .

The only exception is trunked radios connected to the console site; because they're radios each one has a separate Radio ID. These are typically used for emergency backup in case the console site loses connectivity to the rest of the system.

W8SQY

Wow! I don't monitor the maintenance TG. I used to have a dedicated turnpike radio in my car and did when they were VHF.
I think I may have seen a single digit RID on the old 800 Summit system but have only seen the 9 here on MARCS and the 10 there yesterday.
You must do a lot of logging!

mszabo2000

Actually, not on the P25 systems; unlike the older systems (such as old MARCS or analog Smartnet systems) where each resource at each operator position had a separate Radio ID, each console on the P25 systems only has one Radio ID for the whole thing. And thank God. . .

Don't you miss managing all those console ID's a little? :)

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Don't you miss managing all those console ID's a little? :)

Not even a little tiny bit!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.