TRX-1 Northeast Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper1453

I am trying to program my TRX-1 for Medina, Summit, Wayne Counties. I can hear a little of Medina County and that is about it. I cannot get the Marc's system to work on it. Medina is using the Harris P-25 system off of the Parma system

Any and all help would be great.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
I am trying to program my TRX-1 for Medina, Summit, Wayne Counties. I can hear a little of Medina County and that is about it. I cannot get the Marc's system to work on it. Medina is using the Harris P-25 system off of the Parma system

Any and all help would be great.

Where are you listening and with what type of antenna arrangement? Chances are you're not going to hear distance counties off a handheld radio with a rubber duck. Just the simulcast system you're nearest, unless you're on some unique elevation standing outside in perfect conditions.

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
I have a rubber antenna, not the one that came with it, I bought one that is to have better distance.

Wouldn’t make any difference in the house.
You would be better off buying a mobile antenna (one tuned for your systems frequency) and placing it on a window seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northernsummit

Feed Provider
I have a rubber antenna, not the one that came with it, I bought one that is to have better distance.

Ok but are you in a house in valley view right up against a ridge of dirt to your west? I bet if you were you'd never hear Parma consistently let alone Medina. What you may need to do is enable one system at a time and see if the TRX is even hearing a control channel for that system at all to start with.

Generally speaking where are you trying to listen from? Chances are you're only going to hear stuff in the county you're in. I'm near the I-271 and 480 intersection and I have been able to hear Ashtabula off a discone in my attic. But i'm at ~1300' elevation with almost nothing around me.

copper1453

I live in the Wadsworth area and drive through out Medina County. I am not sure if I even have it programmed right. I was able to program an old Radio Shack pro-106 easily, but the TRX-1 is a little bit different. I do at times here the talk group for Medina Co So but it comes and goes. I am not sure if the settings are right, in the trunking system.

There are only houses around me not hills, very little trees.

Swipesy

Ok, now we can help you. You are well within range of the MARCS Summit 002(2) Tower. Be sure you setup that Tower with just the 1 Control Frequency and 3 Alternate frequencies. Then either program a Wildcard for the System or enter the specific TG's you want to listen to and you should have all kinds of Summit County traffic. I am in the Portage - Geauga area and it is constant traffic from Summit.

sbhnutts570

Premium Subscriber
I have a TRX-1 with an outside roof mount directional antenna. I have programmed in MARCS Summit 002, the 1 control channel and all 3 alternates and the wildcard from the TRX software which is updated. My default scan list has all the talkgroups on it that I want to listen to like Summit County Shreifff, Green, Coventry, Ems ect. Once the file is transferred to the scanner all I get is the wildcard. I cannot hear anything on my scan list. The wildcard is everybody loud and clear with a strong signal. Why cant I hear my scan list talkgroups?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have a TRX-1 with an outside roof mount directional antenna. I have programmed in MARCS Summit 002, the 1 control channel and all 3 alternates and the wildcard from the TRX software which is updated. My default scan list has all the talkgroups on it that I want to listen to like Summit County Shreifff, Green, Coventry, Ems ect. Once the file is transferred to the scanner all I get is the wildcard. I cannot hear anything on my scan list. The wildcard is everybody loud and clear with a strong signal. Why cant I hear my scan list talkgroups?

Did you build the system entry yourself or did you use the library import feature? I've found that creating a system yourself doesn't work too well, even when the settings are absolutely identical to what's imported from the library.

copper1453

Can anyone attach some photos of how the setups look that might be helpful as well. I have a friend who has the Uniden HP models and they work great and easy software. Thank You

sbhnutts570

Premium Subscriber
Did you build the system entry yourself or did you use the library import feature? I've found that creating a system yourself doesn't work too well, even when the settings are absolutely identical to what's imported from the library.
I used the software ,All I am hearing is the wildcard nothing else. It don't even have summit county shreiff on it. It's basically the rta buses, some school buses,snow plow drivers, some police but I have know idea where. I live in The city of Green south end. I have had my anteena every which way except upside down.

budevans

Can anyone attach some photos of how the setups look that might be helpful as well. I have a friend who has the Uniden HP models and they work great and easy software. Thank You

Here are three pics of the Whistler TRX-1 EzScan for MARCS-IP Summit P25. If you are getting unwanted Wild Card hits. Just delete the Wild Card.

Attachments

• MARCS-IPSummitSimulcastFreqs.png
    MARCS-IPSummitSimulcastFreqs.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 35
  • MARCS-IPSummitSimulcastOptions.png
    MARCS-IPSummitSimulcastOptions.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 32
  • MARCS-IPSummitTGs.png
    MARCS-IPSummitTGs.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 30

budevans

I used the software ,All I am hearing is the wildcard nothing else. It don't even have summit county shreiff on it. It's basically the rta buses, some school buses,snow plow drivers, some police but I have know idea where. I live in The city of Green south end. I have had my anteena every which way except upside down.
sbhnutts570,

You posted that you are hearing WildCard and nothing else. Are you sure that you entered the new MARCS-IP TG's? Could you have entered the old Summit County TG's?

Here are the MARCS-IP TG listings for the Summit Sheriff:
62914 f5c2 D 77 SO CAR-CAR Sheriff Car-to-Car Law Talk
62919 f5c7 D 77 SO JAIL1 Sheriff Jail 1 Corrections
62920 f5c8 D 77 SO JAIL2 Sheriff Jail 2 Corrections
62927 f5cf D 77 SO DISP1 Sheriff Dispatch 1 Law Dispatch
62928 f5d0 D 77 SO DISP2 Sheriff Dispatch 2 Law Dispatch
62929 f5d1 D 77 SO DISP3 Sheriff Dispatch 3 Law Dispatch
62931 f5d3 D 77 SO SERVICES Sheriff Services Law Talk

Here is a screen shot of the MARCS-IP Summit Law Talk Groups, the Sheriffs TG's are at the bottom of the page:

Attachments

• MARCS-IPSummitLawTGs.png
    MARCS-IPSummitLawTGs.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 16

sbhnutts570

Premium Subscriber
I have made up a scanlist of the talk groups that I want to listen to in Summit County on Marcs. I used the TRX-1 software and updated the library and the channels. I then import them including the wildcard to the scanner after reformatting the disk. Everything looks good. Signal is strong. All I can hear is the wildcard channel while scanning. I hear what I want to hear and a bunch of other stuff too that I don't want to hear so I skip the wildcard channel on the scanner and then I hear nothing. The scanner is scanning but nothing comes on until I restore the wildcard channel again. Any suggestions on WHY this thing won't scan my scanlist unless the wildcard is on?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

OK, but did you create the system manually (ie typing everything in by hand) or did you actually import the system from the Library?

I had a similar issue with the TRX-1 but it was always when I created a trunked system manually (typing in frequencies and talkgroups, etc); when I actually imported the system from the Library then deleted the talkgroups I had no interest in, all was well.

If you created the system manually, import it from the Library by Zip Code or by county and see if that makes a difference. Also try putting the wildcard in a separate scan list all by itself so you can turn it off without locking it out.

Also make sure to delete every single tower site except Summit County just to make sure your scanner isn't latching onto a different site.

copper1453

Well I am picking up some of the marcs traffic now, today from Wadsworth I heard Cambridge talking, that is what came across the display.
I have heard a little from Medina OSP and a CP PD1 not sure who that is yet TGRIP 62681.

I think I am getting closer..

sbhnutts570

Premium Subscriber
No I did not do it manually. I imported the system from the library then deleted as you did. Left the wildcard. All my talk groups are there on a scanlist. I only have 2 scanlists, Summit and Belmont County both about 40 channels each. I only listen to one at a time depending on where I am at. My talk group ID's match those in the above thread. It is Marcs-IP Summit, not the 2 Marcs mobile sites. Nothing works except for the wildcard which is WILD, it's tooo much talking from far away cities. I am just looking for local right around me,which I have imported. I just put the wildcard on a scanlist all by itself. Lets see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.