Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kc9pqf

3 days I noticed I was not receiving anything from West Allis, nothing on all scanner
Can anyone help
Thanks ,tom

Kc9pqf

3 days I noticed I was not receiving anything from West Allis, nothing on all scanner
Can anyone help
Thanks ,tom
Hi Tom.

What make & model of scanner are you using? Let's start there.
homepatrol 1 I tried down loading the sentinel program into scanner but they don’t change
The soft ware is up to date and correct
I seen the oasis changes to the Milwaukee try’s but it just won’t take in the scanner

Kc9pqf

homepatrol 1 I tried down loading the sentinel program into scanner but they don’t change
The soft ware is up to date and correct
I seen the oasis changes to the Milwaukee try’s but it just won’t take in the scanner
Meant trs

djeplett

Unfortunately, I don't have this model and I'm not that familiar with it, but I would make sure you have the latest firmware first.

Connect your HomePatrol‐1 to your PC using the USB cable and select “Mass Storage”. Then, in Sentinel select UPDATE -> Update Firmware and follow the on‐screen prompts.

Then I would make sure you have the latest database.

In Sentinel select UPDATE -> Update Master HPDB. Finally, write the new database to your HomePatrol‐1 by selecting HomePatrol -> Write to Homepatrol.

If you get an error you may need to reformat the SD card or you may need a new one.

Also, make sure you haven't accidentally avoided West Allis PD.

Tap the following: Menu -> Advanced Menu -> Avoid Options
The Avoid Options screen displays.
Tap Review Avoid List.
The Review Avoid List displays. (You can also tap and hold Avoid on any submenu pop‐up to display the Review Avoid List.)
To unavoid all entries, tap Clear All Avoids on the bottom menu bar and then tap Yes on the Stop All Avoiding popup dialog box. The Avoid Options screen displays.
To unavoid a single entry, tap that entry and then tap Yes on the Stop Avoiding popup dialog box. The Review Avoid List screen displays.
Tap Listen to return to normal reception or Back to return to the Advanced Menu.

And double check your location is correct and that you have all the correct service types set.

If your radio can hear NOAA weather broadcasts, then it more than likely is a programming issue.

wirr

Database Admin
West Allis is on OASIS. The HP1 will not receive OASIS very well. You can try holding on the OASIS system and moving the radio around to different locations to see if reception might improve. In this case, less signal might work better.

Steve08CVPI

I have an old bct8 in my car and West Allis hasn’t been on the old county trunked system for a week or so, but they are on oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.