New Lincoln / Lancaster County P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

aandersen55

If they aren't encrypted off the bat, LSO will be the first major group to test the new system/radios, as they have the biggest county coverage so keep an ear open for them. After that, pending any major issues or things that need fixed, LFR will likely be next but all others will take off pretty quickly after that it seems.
As I mentioned earlier, LSO/LPD/UNLPD will be the only groups encrypted. LFR is going to remain open.
I'm not getting it there. I'm getting it fine with my handheld scanner. It's a Phase 2 system, so I'm wondering if that's why SDR isn't decoding it well.

Yes. Lincoln's Public Safety Director said all law enforcement talkgroups will now be encrypted in Lincoln/Lancaster County. Everthing else will stay open like Pub Works and Fire.
Click Here For The Interview/Story & Details

aandersen55

Does anyone know if LCSO has multi band radios to use on the VHF towers?
The VHF towers are actually just repeating a UHF set of frequencies. LSO uses North/South tower once in a blue moon to talk to rural fire, otherwise they rarely go on them. The EDACS radios are programmed with the rural conventional frequencies. The VHF is just for the pagers, no traffic actually enters the system on those frequencies.

The VHF towers are actually just repeating a UHF set of frequencies. LSO uses North/South tower once in a blue moon to talk to rural fire, otherwise they rarely go on them. The EDACS radios are programmed with the rural conventional frequencies. The VHF is just for the pagers, no traffic actually enters the system on those frequencies.

I think he’s asking about the NSRS towers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In that case, as of now they don't. With the new radio system they will be able to through new talkgroups since they are sharing a core.

I he’s asking if there radios will be Multiband so they can use SRS repeaters. So if there In a dead spot with the 800 they can use VHF.

I think it would be cool if county fire could be put on the NSRS and have a few TG.

aandersen55

I he’s asking if there radios will be Multiband so they can use SRS repeaters. So if there In a dead spot with the 800 they can use VHF.

I think it would be cool if county fire could be put on the NSRS and have a few TG.

Gotcha. I don't think they will be. More than likely they'll just be normal single band radio since Lincoln has 3 towers simulcasting their system. With the 3 towers, it should pretty much clear up most dead areas. They did talk about getting rural possibly onto the trunked system a few years ago, per the report I attached earlier, but it was cost prohibitive, so instead they were able to get a grant and buy conventional UHF radios for them instead. Plus, being conventional makes interop easier for them with surrounding counties.

Gotcha. I don't think they will be. More than likely they'll just be normal single band radio since Lincoln has 3 towers simulcasting their system. With the 3 towers, it should pretty much clear up most dead areas. They did talk about getting rural possibly onto the trunked system a few years ago, per the report I attached earlier, but it was cost prohibitive, so instead they were able to get a grant and buy conventional UHF radios for them instead. Plus, being conventional makes interop easier for them with surrounding counties.

I keep hearing radio shop working on the north and south towers driving around. If they didn’t charge so damn much for radios everyone could afford him and work better together.

The issue with county is if there is too much going on, it turns into a cluster.. the last Husker game there where like 5 departments out and it got crowded.

aandersen55

I keep hearing radio shop working on the north and south towers driving around. If they didn’t charge so damn much for radios everyone could afford him and work better together.

The issue with county is if there is too much going on, it turns into a cluster.. the last Husker game there where like 5 departments out and it got crowded.

Yeah. They've had to have north stations go to South Tower before when North Tower and North TAC were both full.

aandersen55

I thought I read that the new p25 system was going to have 4 repeaters?

It was an idea, but it's going to have 3 sites. The 2 existing EDACS, and then the backup EDACS site that is shared with NSP is getting converted to full service.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider

They've been testing complaints of coverage issues. The rural folks would love something with better coverage being on the new system but with 13 departments on the system full time (not including others who have access), it would cost millions.

For organizing are they going to set it up like this?

Lincoln Law Enforcement
Lincoln Fire/EMS

or is it going to like it is now all under lincoln?

Last edited:

SDOG

They've been testing complaints of coverage issues. The rural folks would love something with better coverage being on the new system but with 13 departments on the system full time (not including others who have access), it would cost millions.
Cass County is preparing to go live on a 7 site 5 channel 800mhz conventional analog system. System will be shared by all of the fire/ems departments, Emergency Management, and the Cass County Sheriffs office. This system gives excellent portable coverage throughout the county. Cost....... $1.8mil

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Cass County is preparing to go live on a 7 site 5 channel 800mhz conventional analog system. System will be shared by all of the fire/ems departments, Emergency Management, and the Cass County Sheriffs office. This system gives excellent portable coverage throughout the county. Cost....... $1.8mil

I'd like to see the details on this. What new hardware does this account for? If the Lancaster County Rural Departments made the change to the new City/State system, they'd have to replace 100% of their equipment, every mobile, hand held, pager and base station.

Status
Not open for further replies.