• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR on G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
My question is, will the G5 receive "Direct" (mobile to mobile comms) that do not go through a repeater? I don't know of a scanner that can, because it only "pulses" 1/2 the timeslot on direct, whereas both timeslots are active when going through a repeater (even if the other timeslot isn't being used) Apparently scanners aren't able to capture and decode 1/2 of a DMR/Mototrbo timeslot signal. If the G5 can, this would be a BIG plus....

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
According to PPS when repeater mode is selected it should pass audio from a repeater as well as talk around Transmissions. I haven't confirmed this yet.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
According to PPS when repeater mode is selected it should pass audio from a repeater as well as talk around Transmissions. I haven't confirmed this yet.

What on earth does "Repeater mode" have to do with non-repeater transmissions? ....Quite an odd name for a setting, that, from the comments, have nothing to do with a repeater or not....

Regardless, I look forward to the firmware, so I can test it out.

Sooo.... I have a single freq repeater system that uses Mototrbo advanced encryption. Will I be able to enter our key to properly decode?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to you everything was perfect once I got closer to their tower. I would suggest to anyone else looking for DMR to look at your postings and then get the link from where they purchased their radio. Again thanks for everything.
Ed

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Did some more testing over the weekend. Putting in the trunking channels as conventional and scanning like I did yielded about a 80-90 % pass in audio. A few times it didnt pass audio but showed full signal bars. But i also saw a couple of instances where G5 passed audio and my BCD436HP didnt pass audio. Im going to chalk that up to some local interference in or near my apt.
But with any trunking system where your monitoring the conventional channels your at the mercy of how busy the system is.
I feel the results are good for what we are trying to do with them.
As with all things more testing is needed.

minasha

My G5 is a UHF D model. On the Box it says G564 series when I connect to ppl it says G566 series. I wrote a code plug using a G567 series
enabled DMR in my protocol list. I entered 10 test DMR channels active in my area. When I connect the radio to my computer and try to
program it immediately says "This model doesn't support DMR" Is there anything I did wrong or is it simply not possible to get DMR this way.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
You did nothing wrong* minasha. Your pager simply can't do DMR until the upcoming firmware update In a week? or less? It was mentioned throughout this 4 page thread. MY pager is a 66 too. 66 and 64 won't get DMR until that firmware update comes out for us. Changing it to 67 in the model number list and uploading won't do it ... yet

Reactions: RRR

minasha

You did nothing wrong* minasha. Your pager simply can't do DMR until the upcoming firmware update In a week? or less? It was mentioned throughout this 4 page thread. MY pager is a 66 too. 66 and 64 won't get DMR until that firmware update comes out for us. Changing it to 67 in the model number list and uploading won't do it ... yet
Thank You

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Wait, What?
There is new firmware / PPS "coming soon" This does not change the model number of your device.
There is mention of a model updater that dealers will get then i believe it might be made to the public. But its not like it will randomly change model numbers, i believe it simply makes your device an xx67 unit.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Yes the mention was a “utility” that will enable the DMR option. Whether or not that changes the actual model number or not I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RRR

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
We are in week two from the announcement, has anyone seen the utility yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N6ML

Yes the mention was a “utility” that will enable the DMR option. Whether or not that changes the actual model number or not I don’t know.

From the first post in this thread, it seems pretty clear that the model number needs to change, and the purpose of the utility is to effect that change.

Status
Not open for further replies.