Firmware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded BC_VUP_03_00.zip I was going to update my firmware on the 325P2 ALL I get is a folder with 2 files, one is set up and the other is setup_BC_VUP..
When I click on either one of them I get repair or I can remove it and start over and that all it dose. Dose not even install a program on my computer or a ICON on the desktop I'm using windows 8
ANY Ideas?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded BC_VUP_03_00.zip I was going to update my firmware on the 325P2 ALL I get is a folder with 2 files, one is set up and the other is setup_BC_VUP..
When I click on either one of them I get repair or I can remove it and start over and that all it dose. Dose not even install a program on my computer or a ICON on the desktop I'm using windows 8
ANY Ideas?
You need to unzip the file, so that you can tun the setup utility. You can unzip it with WinZip, or the free 7Zip.

When you unzip the file (or, to use an alternate term, "extract" the contents of BC_VUP_03_00.zip), you'll get a folder labeled BC_VUP_V3_02_01. Inside that are two files, setup.exe and Setup_BC_VUP.msi. Run Setup_BC_VUP.msi to install the program.

If, as mancow suggested, it has actually been already installed, the shortcut to run the program would be in a folder named Uniden on the second page of your Start Menu (view "all programs"). Under the Uniden folder is one labeled BC_VUP3, which is where you'll find the shortcut to run the firmware installer.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
[You need to unzip the file, so that you can tun the setup utility. You can unzip it with WinZip, or the free 7Zip..[/QUOTE]

for some reason it opens automaticly in a folder it gives me a choice to repair or remove it I hvae done a search and dont even see a zip file just a folder with remove or repair

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
[You need to unzip the file, so that you can tun the setup utility. You can unzip it with WinZip, or the free 7Zip..

for some reason it opens automaticly in a folder it gives me a choice to repair or remove it I hvae done a search and dont even see a zip file just a folder with remove or repair[/QUOTE]
That usually means you have it installed already.

Blackink

I'm not sure if these instructions will help but this is what should be on the Uniden Web site for installing the firmware. I ran into the same problem back when I wanted to update the firmware.
The only thing that might make a difference now is if you actually installed the software, these instructions, where it is underlined, may not work correctly if the software is indeed already installed. If you still have a problem, I'd go into Add/Remove programs, uninstall the program, and then re-install following these instructions below: (You'll see my thoughts at the beginning about Uniden's instructions...)

These are the installation Steps from the Uniden Web site:
Download BC_VUP3 Firmware Updater for DMA Scanners, unzip the file, then run the installer to install this utility. Then, run the utility and follow the on-screen prompts to select the scanner model and firmware version to apply.

When I unzip that folder, I see a folder labeled BC_VUP_V3_03_00. Inside that folder is a setup.exe file and a Setup_BC_VUP.msi file.

The only reason I selected the Setup_BC_VUP.msi file is because it was the closest match to what the instructions say to select: Run the BC_VUP3 utility.

It would have been nice if the instructions mentioned selecting the Setup_BC_VUP.msi file rather than to Run the BC_VUP3 utility.

I think it would be a bit clearer for people if it read: Installation Steps
Download and unzip BC_VUP_V3_03_00.zip. Find the extracted files and open the BC_VUP_V3_03_00 folder. Click on the BC_VUP3.msi file, select Install. Once the utility is installed, go to your Start Menu and select BC_VUP3 to run the utility and follow the on-screen instructions.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can select either the exe or the msi. Either one will install the utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.