PRO 652 open squelch on conventional freq,s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireworksman3

Experienced
I'm not sure why but all my conventional frequencies are stuck in open squelch. I have a mix of APCO25 and conventional and the unit locks up on every VHF and UHF frequency! I have to lock them all out just to hear the trunked channels. The knob can be all the way to the right and still, all I get is white noise... What am I doing wrong? I'm using the ARC500pro for programming. Sometimes I manually input objects. Can anyone help?

N8IAA

I'm not sure why but all my conventional frequencies are stuck in open squelch. I have a mix of APCO25 and conventional and the unit locks up on every VHF and UHF frequency! I have to lock them all out just to hear the trunked channels. The knob can be all the way to the right and still, all I get is white noise... What am I doing wrong? I'm using the ARC500pro for programming. Sometimes I manually input objects. Can anyone help?

Not without knowing what conventional frequencies you are talking about. No one is a mind reader on RR;) But, my guess is encryption, which sounds like open squelch.

Larry

fireworksman3

Experienced
Maybe I should have been clearer, its not a specific group of conventional frequencies. Its ANY UHF or VHF. I know what encryption sounds like plus the frequencies I have are well known locally and have always been in the clear. No, encryption is not what is going on. Like I said, its EVERY conventional frequency in UHF and VHF. May not be any mind readers here but definitely at least one smart ass!

Adam-14

What happens if you press the Tune button? Do you get constant squelch there too? If you do, there could be something wrong with the radio itself. If it's acting normally in the tune mode, then I would look closely at settings in the software. I know nothing about software as I am an old fashioned button pressing radio programmer.

fireworksman3

Experienced
Yeah I find it much more enjoyable programming it manually. I just tried tune mode and it locks up on every frequency. I guess something is wrong with it. That's all the excuse I need to get a phase 2...even though we're years away from switching. Anyway, thanks Adam...

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Ive had a couple people contact me personally and their 652 exhibited the same problem and I believe besides this elsewhere seeing on this site the same problem. Must be a design flaw it appears, that after awhile the squelch chip may fail.
As mentioned many times over on the forums is to contact G&G - Home Page or Uniden - Uniden | A World Without Wires - Uniden Repair Center would attempt a repair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.