Crystal Scanner Heaven !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I had a matched pair of crystal scanners. Big units that did VHF and UHF I think Tennelec was the make. The light show was amazing. They were blisteringly fast.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
While I don't have 100 of them I do have a collection that dates back to 1971 or 72. Lafayette one low band and one hi band tunable portable (size of a cdm750) with 2 crystal positions, RS Patrolman 2, 3, 7, 77, Monitor 3. I can't find my Peterson H/L 44, but the Bearcat 210, 250 and so many others are collecting dust in the basement.
It was great fun in 1977 to listen to DEA on 416mhz, and try and figure out where they were by their coded messages. One we did break was "Under the Iron" which was under the elevated subway. It was all in the clear back then, and it's unfortunate that certain people are causing the use for "E" to become standard practice.

majoco

Stirrer
If you go down to the bottom of the "Crystal Scanner Heaven" page you will see a "Next Post" target - click on that - there's heaps of interesting posts on the web site - just keep on clicking!

radiostationx

"If you go down to the bottom of the "Crystal Scanner Heaven" page you will see a "Next Post" target - click on that - there's heaps of interesting posts on the web site - just keep on clicking!"

Thanks majoco !

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.