B52 overflying

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

If you mean track via ADS-B, I don't think the bombers offer location data.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Buffs prefer UHF freqs for Approach control etc but can use VHF if only choice.
Also they usually fly in pairs or more on missions so likely one Buff will do low flyover while
the other lingers nearby at altitude enroute Australia.

KO4RJX

Premium Subscriber
If you mean track via ADS-B, I don't think the bombers offer location data.
Several B52s have been showing up on adsbexchange the last two nights over Oklahoma
ec1225ed9d5172cb7caa3e0ae9d4b45f.jpg
41c9446a9025baa41ce7595b39e028c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Papa-Bill

At the "Wings over Wairarapa" display this coming Saturday at 2pm. a B52 is scheduled to do a low and go over the Hood Airfield at Masterton .

Big, American bomber to make an appearance at Wings Over Wairarapa

I can't be there, but I'd like to track it - it will have to use the normal civilian ATC system - a rego or a flight number would be handy too.

Flightradar24 here's a zoomed in shot of the airport, so just watch this on the site and see what planes are showing up

https://www.flightradar24.com/-40.97,-184.36/16
And change the view to satellite.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I used to live in Wichita and my father worked on B-47s and then B-52s. I would see dozens every day but I'm still fascinated with them. It has to be one of the most amazing planes ever built.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
ADS-B Exchange marks anything not MLAT as an ADS-B transponder but that is not the case. Likely was Mode-S. If it's ADS-B and has a position, it's probably ADS-B out capable, (if it's not marked as MLAT).

Thanks for the info, I did not know that., now I do.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I once tracked the following on my home ADS-B station:

View attachment 68597
Very cool... my Dad flew B-24s... and one day back in 2008 I happened to go visit this plane at UGN in the morning, then in the afternoon while I was oiling the teak on my boat I heard the distinctive sound of a 4-engine airplane. Looked up and there was N224J circling the lake on which we live!

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Very cool... my Dad flew B-24s... and one day back in 2008 I happened to go visit this plane at UGN in the morning, then in the afternoon while I was oiling the teak on my boat I heard the distinctive sound of a 4-engine airplane. Looked up and there was N224J circling the lake on which we live!
Probably their annual visit to PWK. Joe de N9JCQ

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if this was the one that was at the New Zealand Air Show...

U.S. Air Force B-52 Stratofortress bomber deployed to Andersen Air Force Base, Guam is parked at the Avalon Airport at Geelong, Victoria, Australia, Feb. 22, 2019. Various U.S. aircraft flew to Avalon to showcase different capabilities and missions during the 2019 Australian International Aerospace & Defence Exposition and Airshow (AVALON 2019) which will be held Feb. 26 to March 3, 2019. AVALON 19 is the premier aerospace exhibition (airshow & tradeshow) in Australia; this year’s exhibition will be the 14th iteration since its inception in 1992. U.S. forces are participating in AVALON 19 to strengthen military-to-military ties with Australian allies while enhancing relationships with partners in the Indo-Pacific region

B52 Aussie 2.jpg
B52 Aussie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.