Fairfield County Hotline Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am having some trouble finding on what the actual frequency is that is used for the Fairfield County Hotline. The database has 154.1 MHz as "Countywide Hotline" but tagged as "FAPERN VHF" and it is sounding like FAPERN. 45.86 MHz is another frequency I have seen on the interop page but have not heard anything on that frequency at all. Can anybody who routinely monitors the county hotline confirm what frequency it actually is?

Thank you so much.

Hello,

I am having some trouble finding on what the actual frequency is that is used for the Fairfield County Hotline. The database has 154.1 MHz as "Countywide Hotline" but tagged as "FAPERN VHF" and it is sounding like FAPERN. 45.86 MHz is another frequency I have seen on the interop page but have not heard anything on that frequency at all. Can anybody who routinely monitors the county hotline confirm what frequency it actually is?

Thank you so much.

It used to be 39.46 many moons ago. Try that.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
460.16250, PL 151.4. While the state hotline is 45.8600 , with various PLs for different regions, it is not really in use in Fairfield County. When I hear stuff, and I don't hear much on the hotline, it is on the UHF. Its just not widely used.

I monitor 45.8600 up here in New London County and it is used far more often , as a hotline in general, than the Fairfield hotline.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
460.16250, PL 151.4. While the state hotline is 45.8600 , with various PLs for different regions, it is not really in use in Fairfield County. When I hear stuff, and I don't hear much on the hotline, it is on the UHF. Its just not widely used.

I monitor 45.8600 up here in New London County and it is used far more often , as a hotline in general, than the Fairfield hotline.

So the state hotline is used on 45.86 MHz? I hear it used all the time at a console, especially for agencies calling Troop G for MVAs. However I just don't know the frequency because it is not displayed.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
So the state hotline is used on 45.86 MHz? I hear it used all the time at a console, especially for agencies calling Troop G for MVAs. However I just don't know the frequency because it is not displayed.

45.86 is typically dispatch to dispatch, allowing for info to be shared quickly.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
The "State Hotline" 45.86 is not utilized by all police agencies. There are a few departments that don't have it despite nearly every Troop has it. Most of Fairfield County used to utilize 39.64 but now are on the FAPERN listed on the FFC page. You hear Troop G on 45.86 primarily because they cover I-95 from Milford up to Branford, so usually its the New Haven County towns contacting them. There are also regional "hotlines like "SCAN" for the new Haven area and "RAFS" for the Hartford area.

KB1JHU

The hotline is 45.86 in all counties except Fairfield, which uses 39.46

FAPERN gets used like the hotline by Troop A, Danbury, New Milford and Brookfield

Status
Not open for further replies.