Introducing the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

highstar

After lots of hours I figured out the solution. I don't give up easy, lol. I was using the format tool recommended but using quick formant instead of overwrite format. I put the original card into my computer, formatted, cleared user data and copied files minus my favorites list. inserted card into scanner and it worked! Running the same procedures on my 2nd card now for a backup. Hope this helps someone else in the future. Be sure and use overwrite format when formatting.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
After lots of hours I figured out the solution. I don't give up easy, lol. I was using the format tool recommended but using quick formant instead of overwrite format. I put the original card into my computer, formatted, cleared user data and copied files minus my favorites list. inserted card into scanner and it worked! Running the same procedures on my 2nd card now for a backup. Hope this helps someone else in the future. Be sure and use overwrite format when formatting.
Glad you got it working. On one of my scanners, I also had to use the full/overwrite format choice to exorcise the card gremlin.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So did you have to program your favorites lists again?
Not sure if that was directed at the OP or to me.
Doing the full format/override on the memory card has no effect on the lists already saved in Sentinel. After the format, you would need to use the 'Clear User Data' option to initialize the card for use, then do a 'write to scanner' to make sure that your lists and the main database are restored for use.

highstar

Well I may still have to send it in. Works great till I turn the scanner off and back on again then does the same thing. Have to format and go through everything again to get it back working. Beginning to think it's a firmware issue more than a hardware issue. May keep it for a few more days and see if anyone else has this problem before sending it for a repair.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well I may still have to send it in. Works great till I turn the scanner off and back on again then does the same thing. Have to format and go through everything again to get it back working. Beginning to think it's a firmware issue more than a hardware issue. May keep it for a few more days and see if anyone else has this problem before sending it for a repair.
Hmm, thought for a while this was solved. Apparently not.

You've already reset the memory card, as well as trying an alternate, if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, it sounds as if something is not right with the card process. One last thing I'd try, before sending it off, is to look carefully at the card socket. It's a long shot, but if you have a can of one of the "air dusters", try giving the card socket just a quick shot, to blow out any dust or debris that may be there. Odds are nothing there, but it would not hurt to try.

highstar

Tried that already too and cleaned contacts on the card. Strange it works after a format till scanner is powered down then becomes corrupt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Then that leaves the possibility of an internal malfunction when the scanner is trying to write files to the card, before completely shutting off. Are you seeing a brief message on the display, "Writing to SD card...Please wait" after you press the power button to shut down?

W5RGP

Tried that already too and cleaned contacts on the card. Strange it works after a format till scanner is powered down then becomes corrupt.

Try pulling power without turning it off
As long as you’ve saved everything you shouldn’t lose anything by just killing the power
Then plug it back in and if same problem then it wouldn’t be due to a write malfunction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highstar

Then that leaves the possibility of an internal malfunction when the scanner is trying to write files to the card, before completely shutting off. Are you seeing a brief message on the display, "Writing to SD card...Please wait" after you press the power button to shut down?
Yes I am. That time after powering down it worked after turning back on. Now I'm really confused.

highstar

Try pulling power without turning it off
As long as you’ve saved everything you shouldn’t lose anything by just killing the power
Then plug it back in and if same problem then it wouldn’t be due to a write malfunction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tried that and scanner loaded database and favorites and came back on.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
got mine today so far so good . quick review on what i seen here.. first screen perfect no lines or anything , i set up different colors no defects at all , lights one keypad are same as everyones, brighter in middle row but no big deal can still see them..next speaker ,, no buss at all at any volume,, now how it works so far only doing p-25 simulcast and works same as my unicaction g4 not one missed call yet on 2 systems ,,now the 3rd system which is weak on my g4 is weak on here but if i move the radio to a different location it works just like the g4 so very very happy with this so far .. this is my first scanner in 20 years so thast as far as i got so far but for simulcast this thing working just like a g4.. can anyone help me with changing my favorites list from the keypad i know i have them numbered right they show up but no idea how to change them with out going in the menu .. i was told press the number and hit enter ,but when i do that i get a screen that says quick key navigation then has a drop down f1: s-: and d-: i hit enter and i just get beeps what am i doing wrong ?

ke0hfc

For those looking to mount this a console (mine is a Havis). Here's the drill. The Jotto plate mentioned earlier doesn't fit. But if you cut the little pieces that go above and below the radio (leaving the side brackets) it will fit nicely.

It's a wide unit so the knobs for the factory bracket just make it too wide to fit in the console. I used a couple of allen head screws with washers to secure the SDS200 to the side brackets.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oFDniMNaXAvg43hi6

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
For those looking to mount this a console (mine is a Havis). Here's the drill. The Jotto plate mentioned earlier doesn't fit. But if you cut the little pieces that go above and below the radio (leaving the side brackets) it will fit nicely.

It's a wide unit so the knobs for the factory bracket just make it too wide to fit in the console. I used a couple of allen head screws with washers to secure the SDS200 to the side brackets.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oFDniMNaXAvg43hi6

This is good to know. Not a fan of having to do it that way but it's good to know that will work. Thanks for sharing.

darthtw0n

Premium Subscriber
Update: I received a notification from Amazon this morning that webtronX has already shipped my order and that it will be delivered (to NC) by Wednesday. Very pleased since the Amazon default estimate before I purchased said Feb 14-19).

I received the SDS200 as expected from webtronX on Amazon within 2 days. Very happy so far. Now I just need a little more time to play around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.