Spotsylvania FD/EMS

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
On mutual aid to Fredericksburg are spotsylvania units switching to the Stafford/Fredericksburg trunk?

On calls today responding units advised they were switching? I never heard anything on a patch or interop talkgroup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

covert53

Dude
Premium Subscriber
New radios have all the neighboring jurisdictions programmed in a separate bank. So responding units simply switch banks and zones and dial in the appropriate channel.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
My 996p2, which I use downstairs, is not liking their new setup at all. For some reason it is ignoring everything but the school buses on Spotsy now... It is using the latest firmware and has DMR upgrade.. My 536 is working AOK...
Do you have it setup as a p25 system or p25 x2 tdma? I changed the setup in butel to x2 tdma and the audio quality and reception is better. The sentinel download defaults to p25 standard.

KLO5078

My TRX 1 receives everything local except Spotsy Fire. It will pause on Spotsy 1 briefly but no voice. Location not the problem because the Pro 106 sitting next to it receives Spotsy 1 and Schools fine. It seems to not lock onto the control channel. Any suggestions or settings I might be able to try. Thanks

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I am catching 6027 as training. I'm assuming "training 2" I dont have the channel matrix in front of me to reference the zone

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I have caught a new TG 6083. It is definitely firefighting operations. It sounds like some sort of training.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ken, 1 of the water department guys was in our subdivision and he said they don't normally use radios anymore.. Their MDT and cell phones are used. Easy to use..

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Oh thanks. Mdt? Wow. I thought fire rescue was going to mdt years ago. That did not happen.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I caught an "IC" individual call on my 436 in ID search mode for the first time. I cant tell if it was SO or FD because at that moment the batteries went below voltage threshold and told me to replace them. Darn. Will have to keep listening. from my experience the SO used it all the time in the old system it was so annoying.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
TG 6004 is "Incident 4". That's the old "Channel 4." I'm guessing that 6003 is Incident 3, but that's unconfirmed.
Catching 6003 today on the fire. Did not catch the dispatch. Is that incident 3?

fredva

Feed Provider
Catching 6003 today on the fire. Did not catch the dispatch. Is that incident 3?

Unfortunately, I missed the Incident channel designation when it was assigned. But 6003 is definitely one of the incident channels. I know there were a couple of incidents preceding the fire, so 6003 might be Incident 3 if 1 and 2 were being used.