Federal Government & Military Freq. List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech1

I came across a web site that has a Master List of Federal Government & Military Frequency List. According to the file it has 1,695 pages and it's not free, because they charge for it. Only the first 30 pages are free, are they allowed to charge for this info ? What happened to the Freedom of Information Act ? Here is the web site for people to check. Nationwide Government and Military Master Frequency List | Bureau Of Alcohol | Radio

kma371

QRT
I came across a web site that has a Master List of Federal Government & Military Frequency List. According to the file it has 1,695 pages and it's not free, because they charge for it. Only the first 30 pages are free, are they allowed to charge for this info ? What happened to the Freedom of Information Act ? Here is the web site for people to check. Nationwide Government and Military Master Frequency List | Bureau Of Alcohol | Radio

Looks like quite an inaccurate and outdated list. Don't waste your money.

Also, a FOIA request for that type of information would likely be denied due to homeland security concerns.

ecps92

As others have pointed out, OLD and very inaccurate. [Appears to be circa 1980]

example 165.235 is listed as DEA
The Freq is actually 165.2375 and it CBP

and for fun reading here is the NTIA DB info
https://www.disa.mil/Mission-Support/Spectrum/GEMSIS/Spectrum-XXI

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

ecps92

And well worth the Investment is an annual membership to
The Spectrum Monitor - Powered by Network Solutions.

The Fed Files Blog
The Fed Files Blog

Milcom Monitoring Post
Milcom Monitoring Post

SoCalFedCom
SoCalFedCom

SoCalMilCom
SoCalMilCom

Militia Radio Frequencies
Militia Radio Frequencies

Shortwave Listeners Delite
Military, government, and civilian Shortwave / HF radio network frequencies
SWLD - Shortwave Listeners Delight - HF Frequencies for Oceania

Military Radio Comms
Military Radio Comms VHF/UHF Frequencies
http://www.milradiocomms.com/mil_air_modes_logger.html

ecps92

the best source of current/accurate information in your area will be yourself.

Hours, Days, Weeks, Months searching and logging the federal bands, keeping in mind that Federal Ops are not like listening to your local Fire, Police. Events occur at odd hours [morning raids - eh Ken ?] even nights/weekends and during Budget issues.

How outdate is this list ? Where can I find current information ?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
You have to work at it to receive clear Federal law enforcement communications. In larger cities, federal agencies will sometimes hide in existing trunking systems. Furthermore, they don't have to have a FCC call sign. In the recent past, I heard DEA key up in Austin, Texas. It was in the clear.

Think of yourself as a Federal fisherman. You have to be patient for the fist to bite.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
You have to work at it to receive clear Federal law enforcement communications. In larger cities, federal agencies will sometimes hide in existing trunking systems.
I would agree with that... definitely check trunking systems, especially the statewide ones. Here in NC, my experience is that there is WAY more federal traffic on the VIPER statewide 800 MHz system then on federal VHF.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
How bout some Texas federal frequencies that actually work?

the best source of current/accurate information in your area will be yourself.
Hours, Days, Weeks, Months searching and logging the federal bands, keeping in mind that Federal Ops are not like listening to your local Fire, Police. Events occur at odd hours [morning raids - eh Ken ?] even nights/weekends and during Budget issues.

Remember feds are not like local police, the freqs may sit silent for weeks, and then one day jump into action, also most of the VHF fed channels now a days are encrypted.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
How bout some Texas federal frequencies that actually work?

Sometimes you have to sit on one, or just scan a small group, maybe for days then all of the sudden you catch them. They're often on the move, or working in a particular area for a very short time. Set up some logging software it will soon generate a list of the actives ones.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes you have to sit on one, or just scan a small group, maybe for days then all of the sudden you catch them. They're often on the move, or working in a particular area for a very short time. Set up some logging software it will soon generate a list of the actives ones.

Another thing to be aware of, in some states there is more Fed traffic on state systems than on the Fed frequencies. Here in North Carolina they have a statewide system called VIPER. I hear very little fed traffic on the VFH Fed channels, but daily traffic on VIPER. And, though the feds have there own talkgroups on the system they are more often found on the statewide event channels. Consider searching your statewide system (if your state has one).

Status
Not open for further replies.