SDS-200 Speaker Noise Again like the 536HP

Does you SDS200 have the hum noise?

• The noise is unbearable. I'm returning my unit.

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • The noise is noticeable but tolerable. I'm keeping the unit.

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • No noise at all. It sounds perfectly fine.

Votes: 52 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I can confirm my sds100 has the same noise when hooked up to my feed. I am thinking it has something to do with the SD card but I am not a engineer so who knows. My 125at does not exhibit the noise issue in the exact same setup.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I'm using Scanner Cast. It works well for my TRX-2. I'm not familiar with the apps you mentioned. Do those apps have audio processing that removes this artifact from the 436HP?

If it does, then I'll need to find time to migrate over.

Thanks for the help.
Picture of the audio control in radio feed.
8f910cf1cd1bf99fa3afd7fcfc2cbc99.jpg

Tramagod

OK, not cool at all!

I hooked this unit on my RR feed. You can hear it plain as day. It is annoying as hell. Just waiting for reception reports to be submitted by my listeners. I'm listening to my feed on my phone. YUCK! Come on UNIDEN.

Check noise on my feed channel.

http://www.bbscanner.com/listen.php?id=64253

So send it back and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torishu

That’s just how mine sounded, could hear it across the room, very annoying. You can hear it in the video I made, but it was much more noticeable in person. Talked to scanner master and he said he had tried 2 of them and they didn’t have any of the issues mentioned but he had about them on here

Got mine from ScannerMaster too. Guess I'll need to initiate a return after all seeing as they have good ones. Although, strangely, not everybody seems to be able to hear it that I've demonstrated it for. It's about 50/50 as far as those who can hear it and those who can't. Age, hearing loss, the ability to "focus" on certain frequencies, I guess?

I heard it right off and didn't even know there was a widespread problem until I saw these threads a couple of days later. Just figured I needed to troubleshoot other outlets, power adapters, etc., and return if I couldn't figure it out. Then figured I would hold-off in case somebody found a solution when it turned out to be widespread.

I also have the SDS100 and it sounds fine, at least through its own speaker. (As well as multiple Whistler scanners.)

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Got mine from ScannerMaster too. Guess I'll need to initiate a return after all seeing as they have good ones. Although, strangely, not everybody seems to be able to hear it that I've demonstrated it for. It's about 50/50 as far as those who can hear it and those who can't. Age, hearing loss, the ability to "focus" on certain frequencies, I guess?

I heard it right off and didn't even know there was a widespread problem until I saw these threads a couple of days later. Just figured I needed to troubleshoot other outlets, power adapters, etc., and return if I couldn't figure it out. Then figured I would hold-off in case somebody found a solution when it turned out to be widespread.

I also have the SDS100 and it sounds fine, at least through its own speaker. (As well as multiple Whistler scanners.)

Yeah, Rich at Scannermaster even gave me a shipping label to return it, unlike bearcat warehouse..and i had to pay $50 to ship it with insurance. So i was very much appreciated ScannerMaster doing that for me. Awesome to deal with. He said i can either give your a refund or send you another one..i really didn’t want to try another one at this point and going to get refund. They gave me a shipping label for Priority 1 Day. I ended up ordering another SDS100 the one i use in the car does great in the house, so I’m going to use the new sds100 in the house for now. I may try a BCD996P2, found a good price, but I’ll have to see if i have any programming skills

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro

m42duster

Yeah, Rich at Scannermaster even gave me a shipping label to return it, unlike bearcat warehouse..and i had to pay $50 to ship it with insurance. So i was very much appreciated ScannerMaster doing that for me. Awesome to deal with. He said i can either give your a refund or send you another one..i really didn’t want to try another one at this point and going to get refund. They gave me a shipping label for Priority 1 Day. I ended up ordering another SDS100 the one i use in the car does great in the house, so I’m going to use the new sds100 in the house for now. I may try a BCD996P2, found a good price, but I’ll have to see if i have any programming skills

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE

I'm debating my options.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
He meant he turned the volume of the video up and didn't hear anything. Personally I don't hear anything either using headphones.
o_O well there you go, pretty much says it all... TxScanner glad you could return the radio and get your money back, I of course would have done the same thing, I know you wouldn't have made that YouTube video if there wasn't anything to hear, what would you have to gain in lying.

I think you said you got that from Scanner Master, I guess since this is not considered a defect they will restock the radio and sell it to somebody else. My radios are right next to my bed, there's no way leaving my radios on all night I could live with that.

Uniden has the right to run their business anyway they want and can choose to sell scanners or not, just like we have the right to keep our money in our pocket.

Thank God my sds100 is problem-free and that is what I'll settle on.
I'm disappointed but come on, enough is enough with this nonsense.

Badboy536

Yes, it works but the isolator lowers the sound volume so you have to turn the volume control up to 80 percent or greater.
How was the sound quality after using the ground loop isolator. I know you said you had to turn up the volume more but did the quality suffer? Right now i listen at number 10. Where do you keep the volume after you put the isolator on.?

noaim

Premium Subscriber
o_O well there you go, pretty much says it all... TxScanner glad you could return the radio and get your money back, I of course would have done the same thing, I know you wouldn't have made that YouTube video if there wasn't anything to hear, what would you have to gain in lying.

I think you said you got that from Scanner Master, I guess since this is not considered a defect they will restock the radio and sell it to somebody else. My radios are right next to my bed, there's no way leaving my radios on all night I could live with that.

Uniden has the right to run their business anyway they want and can choose to sell scanners or not, just like we have the right to keep our money in our pocket.

Thank God my sds100 is problem-free and that is what I'll settle on.
I'm disappointed but come on, enough is enough with this nonsense.

I don’t think they are accusing him of lying they are simply saying that they can’t hear it

Sent from my iPhone

Tramagod

I don’t think they are accusing him of lying they are simply saying that they can’t hear it

Sent from my iPhone

I’ve only had mine since Tuesday and I can’t hear anything from mine. Even since this thread started I got my ear as close as I could to the speaker without touching it and still can’t hear anything like described in this thread.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
I’ve only had mine since Tuesday and I can’t hear anything from mine. Even since this thread started I got my ear as close as I could to the speaker without touching it and still can’t hear anything like described in this thread.

I do hear it a little on mine but nothing that I’m worried about

Sent from my iPhone

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber

Sent from my iPhone
I never said they were, I merely meant if TxScanner made a YouTube video of a noise emanating from his scanner from across the room and there was no noise to hear he would indeed be... A liar... and I said what would he gain from doing that. The noise that I heard I'm getting familiar with now and have heard it in person on a friend's unit. It was exactly the same noise.

I can't speak for someone else but I bet TxScanner wished he could have kept that radio instead of returning it like he had to, I would have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.