ProScan: Audio stopping after a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I have the feeling I may be doing something wrong. I have ProScan running 24 hours a day on my computer. I have hooked up the SDS200 to the LAN. I have the audio coming directly from the scanner not thru the computer. I am basically just using the ProScan as a remote head as my scanner is behind me. All good.

Every day when I come in, ProScan (and the SDS200) still shows scanning but nothing is ever received. It does not stop on any channels. I have to turn the scanner off and back on and it all starts working again. It is almost like my scanner turns deaf after about 24 hours. Any ideas?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Try an alternative power supply hopefully with enough current capacity for the scanner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mule1075

Feed Provider
Try an alternative power supply hopefully with enough current capacity for the scanner.

If you have to try a alternative power supply on a new scanner something is wrong. If the OEM one that comes with it cannot do the job it sounds like Uniden may have another issue with the scanner.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If you have to try a alternative power supply on a new scanner something is wrong. If the OEM one that comes with it cannot do the job it sounds like Uniden may have another issue with the scanner.
I stated that because I had a SDS 200 connected albeit not on the supplied adapter that would scan and act normally except the audio would stop working after a time.

After I changed to the adapter that came with the scanner all was good. Although, it is possible that an adapter could supply 12 volts but not enough current.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Also, even though the scanner had no audio to the speaker it still showed audio out via LAN to Proscan.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
My problem had to do with ProScan (and my lack of understanding how to set it up). Once I removed the audio IP settings, it has been working fine.

Rikbirdradio

I too am having an audio problem, I think...

I'm connected to my router via a wireless dongle. All data conveys and I have full control to my SDS200 through Proscan on the PC. What I don't have is audio from my computer. The Scanner has audio from it's speaker as usual. I was hoping to get audio through the LAN connection. NOTE: I am not sending any signal out on the internet yet.

The PC is receiving an audio signal as evidenced by the Proscan audio waveform graphics being full active when the SDS200 lands on an active transmission. I have entered the IP address in the URL boxes on two of the tabs under Audio in Proscan, although I believe that has more to do with putting my signal out on the web than getting audio out of the PC. What am I doing wrong?

mule1075

Feed Provider
I too am having an audio problem, I think...

I'm connected to my router via a wireless dongle. All data conveys and I have full control to my SDS200 through Proscan on the PC. What I don't have is audio from my computer. The Scanner has audio from it's speaker as usual. I was hoping to get audio through the LAN connection. NOTE: I am not sending any signal out on the internet yet.

The PC is receiving an audio signal as evidenced by the Proscan audio waveform graphics being full active when the SDS200 lands on an active transmission. I have entered the IP address in the URL boxes on two of the tabs under Audio in Proscan, although I believe that has more to do with putting my signal out on the web than getting audio out of the PC. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have the loop back box checked under the monitor and test tab? If you do not you will not get any audio thru the pc speakers.

Rikbirdradio

Wow. I don't recall seeing a Loop Back check box. I will definitely find that as soon as I get home tonight. Thanks mule1075. I hope you have solved my problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.