SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ive had zero problems with mine, and ive had it since it was released, and i just ordered another one today to keep on my desk

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Depends on who you ask, I got one from the first release and it never had any, then there are those who have never owned one that swear it’s not worth buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sad, but true.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, mine was a preorder, so first batch, no problems. I’d definitely recommend it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I waited until the very last week (with small battery) with the SDS100 and mine is a great radio - no problems. I bought the SDS200 the very first week and mine is a great radio - no problems. Depends on who you ask. I definitely recommend both. Great radios.

JD
kf4anc

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I can’t say the same about the 200, returned 2 of them for same issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I've had mine since the beginning and it's an interesting story. At this point after the last update that included the filters I am very satisfied with the SDS 100.

I live in one of those simulcast systems that just did not work even with the SDS 100. Any serious listener in my County since 2015 has had to use one of the two alternatives to listen to the system. I have a Motorola apx 7000.

I kept the SDS 100 even though it would not pick up my local system because it picked up the fire and police in the city I work in as it works very very well on nxnd that my trx1 did not work well.

When the filter update came out and I played around with the radio it turned out that the invert filter works great on my simulcast system. It was a friggin miracle. Now I use the SDS 100 everyday and leave the Motorola at home. It always pulled my pants down anyway... LOL.

Last edited:

flippus1

Old Timer
Premium Subscriber
Bought one of the first SDS100 radios with small battery. Had no problems. Love the display. They sent me larger battery update. I bought another battery and charger. Mines always on. Need a good reason to buy the 200. Handheld works great and no wires.

David628

Premium Subscriber
I also have a preorder sds100 with the original small battery and have had zero issues. Works great on the states (Colorado) DTRS system and works well on my cities simulcast system here in Colorado Springs. Highly recommend it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Got my SDS100 in December and works great. I work in Atlanta GA and it performs flawlessly. It receives stations from my home county in Alabama (Lee) from where I live now in GA that the BCD436 didn't get. I highly recommend it. I've been in the hobby since 1972 and this radio in my opinion is the best one yet.

Tramagod

I waited until the very last week (with small battery) with the SDS100 and mine is a great radio - no problems. I bought the SDS200 the very first week and mine is a great radio - no problems. Depends on who you ask. I definitely recommend both. Great radios.

JD
kf4anc

I just got mine on Tuesday, haven’t stop playing with it since. Love this radio, the best think I’ve ever owned. I just hate to hear about the speaker problems so many are having. Mine sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Has all the bugs been worked out of the SDS100?

I am an actual SDS100 owner that did have problems with initial release unit. I did get a refurbished unit from Uniden to replace my original that works better than any other scanner I own. I highly recommend the SDS100, it is simply the best. With the latest firmware including the new RF filters, it's become even better.

vpasq

Bought my SDS100 the week they came out, never had a single issue and it performs flawlessly. Wish I could get a second smaller battery though for those times when I want to have it in my pocket and need more than one, but can’t get anyone to part with one, and they are not available commercially. That’s on me, not Uniden. For all day use though, and when not wanting to pocket it, (and definitely more stable on a table) the larger battery is the way to go and I do just that. Bottom line: I love it!!!!!!!

vikingegfd

Premium Subscriber
I bought one when they first came out. It overheated and now is en route back to texas for a second attempt at a repair. First repair attempt failed after one day of use. Do not impair cooling in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.