Audio activated recording software (ProScan users please read!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for an audio activated recording software that does not continuously record for my computer. Something to run in addition to ProScan due to the low audio quality.

Also, If anyone knows how to improve the audio quality for ProScan and not have to download an additional software, please let me know!

Thank you!!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by "low audio quality"? Does it sound like analog or digital type of problem? If analog, Look at the source and cable. Audio running through ProScan or any other software is a PCM digital type. If a digital type of problem, Did you try going in to the Audio Control -> Recorder tab then increase the Samples Per Second? If recording mp3 format, increase the the mp3 bitrate?

Ubbe

There's always a cable from a scanners earphone or loudspeaker out to the PC's line in and usually it is different ground potentials between scanner och computer that creates distorsion. Use a ground loop isolator with a male and female 3,5mm connector for about $10 from Amazon or Ebay.

/Ubbe

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The audio quality coming into the computer is 100% clear when listening through my speakers, however the recordings are poor quality.
Shouldn't be. I don't know how that is possible. Can you post a recording clip. I haven't heard of this before.
Did you try going to the Audio Control -> Recorder tab then increase the Samples Per Second? If recording mp3 format, increase the the mp3 bitrate?

{edit} Also check that both Left & Right channels level controls are not up to 100% at the same time. Left should be 100% and Right should be 0% or reversed.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
As for VOX activated recording software, take a look around for ScanRec. I don't think it's in development anymore but you should be able to find downloads for it... Very lightweight and does the trick. There is also another program called Vox Actuated Recorder that works decent too.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
As for VOX activated recording software, take a look around for ScanRec. I don't think it's in development anymore but you should be able to find downloads for it... Very lightweight and does the trick. There is also another program called Vox Actuated Recorder that works decent too.

Haven't tried ScanRec or Vox Actuated Recorder, but Audacity has VOX recording capability built into it - and it is free. I've used it quite a bit and really like it.

https://www.audacityteam.org/

majoco

Stirrer
A +1 for scanrec, you can make the audio quality as good or as bad as you want and you can record two channels at one as it records in stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.