Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Streaming may have not killed the hobby but it gave a convenient excuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
These departments keep saying its for officer safety. BS!! If someone wants to harm an officer then its makes better sense to call the officer to an address where they can be harmed not a hit and miss with a scanner. They've run this encryption crap in the ground. Some of these departments have been analog for ages and never had any problems. . . . . now suddenly they go digital and have to be encrypted.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Nothing wrong with contacting the mayor(s) of the areas affected and expressing displeasure as well as bringing to mind advantages of keeping it open. No, I doubt one call or email would change things but multiple might at least get them thinking a little...

shanewise

Well this stinks...I just upgraded from a Uniden 396 to the new SDS100. Guess I'll be sending it back. Been an avid scanner since I was about 8 years old.

tumegpc

Streaming may have not killed the hobby but it gave a convenient excuse

Let's not sugar coat it. It's been known for years that Streaming was not a good thing for the scanner hobby, but we continue to set up new feeds as if we were really helping the community. Yes, the scanning hobby is big trouble and you probably have seen the last of any new scanners. Those of you that don't know what it feels like to have the "E" switch flipped, keep on streaming. It's coming to an agency near you.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Nothing wrong with contacting the mayor(s) of the areas affected and expressing displeasure as well as bringing to mind advantages of keeping it open. No, I doubt one call or email would change things but multiple might at least get them thinking a little...
How'd that work out for y'all in Little Rock? Hows it working out for Las Vegas? Only way that a E agency ever goes back Clear is when they get complete new folks in charge of radio systems that have some real brains and not peanuts rattling in the fear can.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
How'd that work out for y'all in Little Rock? Hows it working out for Las Vegas? Only way that a E agency ever goes back Clear is when they get complete new folks in charge of radio systems that have some real brains and not peanuts rattling in the fear can.

I don't know that it was tried in those places. As stated, I wasn't implying it would change the course of action but that it would get them thinking or realizing that not everyone buys the 'reason'...

GTO_04

These departments keep saying its for officer safety. BS!! If someone wants to harm an officer then its makes better sense to call the officer to an address where they can be harmed not a hit and miss with a scanner. They've run this encryption crap in the ground. Some of these departments have been analog for ages and never had any problems. . . . . now suddenly they go digital and have to be encrypted.

They don't want the public to know about those signal 10 (or code 3) runs to the doughnut shop!

GTO_04

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I don't know that it was tried in those places. As stated, I wasn't implying it would change the course of action but that it would get them thinking or realizing that not everyone buys the 'reason'...

It was definitely taken to court in Little Rock

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
It was definitely taken to court in Little Rock

Yeah and I think I remember the guy who sued ended up having a criminal record or something and it was thrown out. It certainly needs to be credible people... ;)

RayAir

IM getting conflicting information on the switch over what Flavor Enc. ADP or Hardware ? anyone know

They were using ADP on some talk groups already so unless they got new radios or upgrades I'd say ADP.

Status
Not open for further replies.