Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 Color Schemes

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
i dont think anyone mentioned yet, at least in this forum is that EACH screen for each type of scanning (conv or trunk, etc) may be set to its own colors AND each screen depending on whether you are in simple or detailed mode. not i am getting picky, but too bad there were not more color preset modes to use that you could select from and or the ability to save diff personalized one locally on the scanner so you can come back and switch between them. wonder if firmware upgrade could do this?

n9diz

i dont think anyone mentioned yet, at least in this forum is that EACH screen for each type of scanning (conv or trunk, etc) may be set to its own colors AND each screen depending on whether you are in simple or detailed mode. not i am getting picky, but too bad there were not more color preset modes to use that you could select from and or the ability to save diff personalized one locally on the scanner so you can come back and switch between them. wonder if firmware upgrade could do this?

What would have been nice would be to select different colors for different FLs, systems, departments, or even channels. That way, for example, every time my local PD came up, I could see it at a glance amidst all the other agencies I monitor.

However, I am grateful that there is even this much flexibility in programming the display colors.

BBossman1

What would have been nice would be to select different colors for different FLs, systems, departments, or even channels. That way, for example, every time my local PD came up, I could see it at a glance amidst all the other agencies I monitor.

However, I am grateful that there is even this much flexibility in programming the display colors.

You can set alert tones and/or LED colors/flashes for specific channels you want to identify quickly.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
this post is great i love the screen on my new sds 200 i had my scanner about 35 hours so far and must have spent more time on the display then i have programing it but here is View attachment 68678 what i got so far
love the colors u r using. only suggestion would be to make the SYS DEPT CH buttons match the color for those above. i may use your scheme with some minor mods. i like to accentuate my s meter for one. also TGID in read maybe as i do look at that one alot. i will be in ohio this summer, think i can copy that cleveland simulcast 30 or so miles away? i thought clev PD was on the MARCS? no?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
ok, more hours later. made my SYSTEM DEPT and CHANNEL buttons match those above. looking for a NEW color for SYSTEM as i like to use the yellow for the 1st line at top of scanner, makes those really readable. this could take years and cost millions of lives. advice welcome.

IMG_0749.jpg

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
QUESTION. i have spent 1,000s of hours customizing my colors as seen in post above. if i load some FAV LIST changes to the 200 via sentinel, is it going to turn my colors back to default (as they are prob set that way in sentinel). SO, would u need to do an UPLOAD from scanner to get these colors into sentinel? hope this makes sense.

BBossman1

QUESTION. i have spent 1,000s of hours customizing my colors as seen in post above. if i load some FAV LIST changes to the 200 via sentinel, is it going to turn my colors back to default (as they are prob set that way in sentinel). SO, would u need to do an UPLOAD from scanner to get these colors into sentinel? hope this makes sense.

I've said 7 trillion times not to exaggerate... :)

Where did you customize the colors, on the scanner or in Sentinel? If you made the color changes on the scanner, your going to want to read from scanner to Sentinel first. If you made the color changes in Sentinel, you should be fine. I trust Sentinel and have never had a problem, but I tend to make and save changes back and forth in increments, so if there are problems, I can fix them easily.

MrBoZ

Premium Subscriber
Just sharing. I use ProScan to do the editing. It's kind of a pain to update both Sentinal and ProScan when I make changes. I wish ProScan did everything.

IMG_7584 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7584.jpg
    IMG_7584.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 68

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I've said 7 trillion times not to exaggerate... :)

Where did you customize the colors, on the scanner or in Sentinel? If you made the color changes on the scanner, your going to want to read from scanner to Sentinel first. If you made the color changes in Sentinel, you should be fine. I trust Sentinel and have never had a problem, but I tend to make and save changes back and forth in increments, so if there are problems, I can fix them easily.
yes, i did it IN the scanner, so i realize i need to write from scanner to sentinel OR it will replace my colors with what is in sentinel which would be default. i will save as a diff profile so not to mess up my 486 one. it is a lot of work changing colors in the scanner.

flippus1

Old Timer
Premium Subscriber
Display Options > Customize > Set Detail Trunk. You can customize your radio on the fly. Move info around and tweak any color you like. I kept mine simple but not too harsh. Note I added RSSI Bars at top right. Better than numerical at bottom.

Phil
Flippus1@aol.com

Attachments

• 305BB196-A808-4FDB-937F-BB8D9EF48C93.jpeg
    305BB196-A808-4FDB-937F-BB8D9EF48C93.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 381

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
love the colors u r using. only suggestion would be to make the SYS DEPT CH buttons match the color for those above. i may use your scheme with some minor mods. i like to accentuate my s meter for one. also TGID in read maybe as i do look at that one alot. i will be in ohio this summer, think i can copy that cleveland simulcast 30 or so miles away? i thought clev PD was on the MARCS? no?
yes and ya i kinda like the white but i may change it and the favorites list too ,and sure i will have everything set up perfect by then ,,cleveland runs its own system ,on marcs alot of the suburbs are on that ,i set up my favorites like i do my screen it will be super easy to use and understande .and sure you can copy it . and im setting up everything to fit on 1 line so there are no cut offs on detail mode

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
ok, more hours later. made my SYSTEM DEPT and CHANNEL buttons match those above. looking for a NEW color for SYSTEM as i like to use the yellow for the 1st line at top of scanner, makes those really readable. this could take years and cost millions of lives. advice welcome.

View attachment 68682
looking very nice and easy to read the different lines check on mine a few posts above we both got the same idea :) is it just me or does the red look a little not red on these or am i selecting the wrong red?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
yes and ya i kinda like the white but i may change it and the favorites list too ,and sure i will have everything set up perfect by then ,,cleveland runs its own system ,on marcs alot of the suburbs are on that ,i set up my favorites like i do my screen it will be super easy to use and understande .and sure you can copy it . and im setting up everything to fit on 1 line so there are no cut offs on detail mode
let me ask you since you are local there, if i want to listen to cleveland PD around tower city area (terminal tower, old stone church, etc), where would i go, MARCS or the other one? also, which talk group if you know. would like to find it on broadcastify and listen from here in virginia for kicks.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
OK, a few hundred more hours with the colors and merging some ideas from others with my own. this is a work in progress.

I need spend a few hundred hours on the VOL and TAG (on right of screen) and make those some color besides white. Also the blue text on bottom of screen needs some adjusting. this could take years.

IMG_0798.jpg

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
imagine if we could mess with the fonts. Oh my! Firmware could make this happen. maybe there is a way to edit fonts that i have not played with.

Tramagod

After several experimental try’s with various color combinations this is my current screen setup.
b0d570ca44d66fbf58e2b3412d30d1e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DaveNF2G

I have spent about a dozen minutes on my display. LOL.

I like the idea of making the Sys/Dept/Chan buttons match their respective fields on the screen. That is my next update.